1. iBook
  2. Performa
  3. Plus
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a budget of $1000. I need something faster than my 2012 Mac to use with Final Cut Pro. The benchmarks for the NUC10i7FNH1 (1040 single core/4210 multi-core) look a lot better than what I have now, and the price has dropped quite a bit. Or should I go with a custom build? One of my biggest questions is how much of a difference a discrete video card would make compared to on-board video for processing & rendering video- any suggestions? BTW, I don't need a new machine if there is a used brand name model that's fast; I'm quite happy with my HP8300 Hackintosh :) Just looking for the best option for video... Thanks!

He's not wrong - you can customise the Mac Mini with a 6 core i7 for your budget.

Although, this is a hackintosh forum and the NUC in question sounds like a decent buy. The GPU would still be a UHD630 or similar so you'd need to either considering moving up to something like a mini-itx build to be able to house a GPU.

I appreciate the replies, although any Mac Mini except the most basic one (4 core i3, 8GB) breaks the budget. I would think, for example, that an HP G2 i7 with Radeon RX 580 would perform better, but I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back