Contribute
Register

Now that's one sexy case! - Rosewill Legacy MX2-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @imdrecordings, I just found a new case for my next CustoMac Pro build !

d].PNGImgPrd-7b7c].jpg

An AL Mac Pro tower that weighs only 16.5 lbs. without the sharp
cheese grater handles to cut your hands on. To be honest, how
much would you lift and move a Mac Pro or G5 tower ?
I could easily get by without handles on the top of this case.

If any one builds with this make sure to get a fanless <161mm PSU
as this case has one design flaw, the front mounted PSU exhausts air
into the case. The airflow pattern may compensate for this.

Comes with three fans that direct airflow from the bottom
to the top of the case. Slot loading DVD bay is also a great idea.
Nice job by Rosewill and Jonsbo.

Thanks for finding those links Adrian :D

Taking a closer look at that case makes me think Jonsbo's R&D team sat down and asked
the question, how do we make a case that's a hybrid of a G5 tower and a 2010 Mac Mini ?

images.jpg + Mac_Mini_2010.jpg =d].PNG

Glad they at least put in two front USB 3 ports and didn't put the power button hidden away
on the back of the case. Looks like it will be a solid, quiet and well ventilated case.

Wow.. this thing looks nice!

It's been frustrating to find no info regarding an 8 series M-ATX Gigabyte board with Thunderbolt ports becoming available, so it looks like this might be one of the few non-ugly full sized solutions when putting together a Haswell rig equipped with Thunderbolt. ..

Sadly will not fit the GA-Z87-UD7 TH... I really like the case but I am set on that board which is E-ATX form factor :(

Going to surprise the wife with a new mac for her birthday coming up and I think she'll be pleased replacing her aging iMac with a hack in this case. Just need to source out a slot loading dvd burner. Not a lot of those floating around. I have one from an old macbook Pro that might fit the bill.

Fundamental failure with PSU location for thermal reasons. Dumping hot air at the bottom of the case. Sure its not a huge amount, but given that the power cables are routed at the back of the mobo, and cable lengths are not commonly an issue, the PSU really should be swapped with the HDD.

Have the PSU at the top, exhausting upwards. Its an internal mains connector anyway, so it doesn't matter which way it faces.

Then have three intake fans on the bottom, with the extra one in the forward position in the floor giving the HDDs fresh cool air. More fans, lower RPM, and filtered intakes in a positive pressure case will give you a quieter and cleaner system. Not to mention keeping HDDs below 40 degrees C.

That would make this case gold! Maybe its mod-able, for the adventurous ones... Its what I would consider first up.

Easier alternative is to reverse airflow direction of the PSU fan.

HDDs at the top does help to keep the HDD noise slightly quieter, but only really relevant for those seeking absolutely silent cases.

Other than that, its a pretty nice case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back