Contribute
Register

Now that it's impossible to get a UD4 in the states...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Mercury White
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all. I've just decided that I'm gonna give it the old college try and build myself a hackintosh. I already have an fairly new iMac and have been through a few MBP's but I wanted to build something a bit more powerful so I can mainly play Starcraft 2 ;)

I've been browsing this forum for a few days and it's apparent that the gigabyte UD4's are the way to go but after calling several places, I've pretty much lost hope on acquiring one from anywhere in the states.

Given that, what is the next best option for the most vanilla install? I don't have to have SLI. The feature-set of the UD4 pretty much satisfied my requirements.

Thanks!

Indeed, the UD4 was a nice little board, with a perfect balance of features.

Basically, all Gigabyte P55 are well supported with MultiBeast, so you shouldn't have issues (one of them, don't recall the model now, has an unsupported IDE/ATA chipset, but the rest works fine).

If you want, prepare your 'shopping list' and post it here for validation.

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
Indeed, the UD4 was a nice little board, with a perfect balance of features.

Basically, all Gigabyte P55 are well supported with MultiBeast, so you shouldn't have issues (one of them, don't recall the model now, has an unsupported IDE/ATA chipset, but the rest works fine).

If you want, prepare your 'shopping list' and post it here for validation.

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Hi lnx2mac. Just ordered the following based on macman's latest customac pro build:

GA-X58A-UD3R
Core i7-930
Corsair H50 Hydro Water Cooler (to keep things quiet)
Cooler Master Storm Sniper Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card

Decided to go high-end since compatibility-wise the p55's (aside from the ud4) seems to be about the same as the X58's.

Still need to decide on memory, HD, and PSU but those shouldn't require too much thought.

freejack said:
Hi lnx2mac. Just ordered the following based on macman's latest customac pro build:
Great build !!! :thumbup:

GA-X58A-UD3R
Core i7-930
:thumbup:

Corsair H50 Hydro Water Cooler (to keep things quiet)
I'd switch this for a Mugen-2...
The H50 I've seen was really noisy... Probably noise from the pump.

Cooler Master Storm Sniper Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card

Decided to go high-end since compatibility-wise the p55's (aside from the ud4) seems to be about the same as the X58's.
Indeed, but IMO, if you don't need more than 16GB, you plan on using just the 930, you can get similar performance with a P55 + i7-870, and at a lower price.
Unless you want to mimic the MacPro... ;)

Still need to decide on memory, HD, and PSU but those shouldn't require too much thought.
As long as you get quality ones...

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back