2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm building a second machine, and planning on handing down my Z68 machine to my wife (whose iMac 27" is now dead, seems like a logic board problem).

I have an old Z87 mobo on the shelf, so I just got some used parts on eBay (4790K, GTX970 at a great deal!) and put it all together with some parts laying around (drives, RAM, sata cables, etc)

I cloned my current hackintosh hard drive, pop the clone into the new Z87 hardware, reboot and immediately got to the desktop! (No KP, no blank screen, just some graphic glitches in browser and no acceleration, but at least I see the desktop.) Downloaded the nVidia web driver, modify the config.plist and reboot. And now graphics is good.

The funny thing is now EVERYTHING WORKS and didn't even have to install anything extra, or re-run Multibeast.

Motherboard's on=board USB3 ports? All working!
on-board Ethernet port? Working too!

and best of all, deep sleep (cpu fans off, everything off) is working too! (This didn't work on the Z68 board on El Capitan).
And upon waking up, all USB3 devices and network ports continue to work properly! No nasty side-effects.

Amazing! Just want to share... this may have been the easiest build I have.

I cloned my current hackintosh hard drive, pop the clone into the new Z87 hardware, reboot and immediately got to the desktop!
Don't forget to change your serial number etc, you don't want to be running two different machines with the same serial numbers.

Thanks! Yeah, iMessaging stopped working.

Changed product serial# and now iMessages working in the new Hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back