Contribute
Register

November CustoMac Deluxe Freezing on 10.9.2 - Z87N-WiFi, i5-4670K @3.4, 16gb Ram, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I basically went straight down the line for my build components. I'm also dual booting Windows 7 off the same 120gb SSD.

I was running 10.9 and 10.9.1 fine with no issues, but after upgrading to 10.9.2 I've been experiencing a freezing issue. I'll boot into OS X and it'll work fine. After about 20 minutes, one application will freeze and take the rest of the machine with it after a few seconds. (Usually Spotify or Chrome first, then OS X.)

I've gone back through and redone multibeast with the below settings, and the problem persists. I've tried the "FreezeFix" app, and that actually made the problem worse.

On the Windows 7 side, I've had 0 issues. It hasn't frozen once on me in recent memory... So I think it might be a software problem, because a hardware issue would plague both OSs.

My setup... Any advice?

Capture.PNGScreen Shot 2014-03-30 at 2.47.37 PM.png

I would be interested to know how you get on with this?

I think my system has the same symptoms, i have pretty much the same build as you. Computer seems to work fine until its left for a few mins and mine just locks up, the only way round it is a hard reset.

try using MacPro3,1 SMBIOS instead of the MacMini and report back. I have this same system setup and do not have any problems with crashing, freezing, etc..., and I'm overclocked @ 4.3

EDIT: I also see you are using the SSDT for Sandy Bridge i5 - you have a Haswell 4670k processor. This could also explain your freezes; I would do a reinstall with the MacPro3,1 SMBIOS and do not choose any SSDT options this time around.

Thanks for the info JML401. As it happens i don't use the SSDT, like you i assumed this was not needed as we are running Haswell processors.

I think i managed to solve my issue by repairing disk permissions, computer was on for a few hours yesterday and dint freeze, i also left it on over night checked it this morning with no freezes!

Incidentally i use the 14,2 definitions, i was wondering which definitions are best to use?
Can i ask have you ever used your mac to airplay a web browser to a TV through APPLE TV? This has always caused my system to freeze ever since i built it running 10.9.1, i always assumed the system definitions may have something to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back