Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z97x-ud3h
CPU
Intel 4790k
Graphics
GTX 970
I have been trying for days to get my graphics card to work after doing a fresh install to High Sierra. I am running a GTX 970 on a Gigabyte Z97X-Ud3h board with a 4790k. I have tried every tutorial I can find on the forum including...

The black screen fix tutorial (Didn't Work)
The webdriver.sh tutorial for using older more stable drivers (Didn't Work)
Almost every combination of boot flags and helper kext (Didn't Work)

I can only get High Sierra to boot with internal Graphics Disabled in BIOS and Nvidia drivers disabled. Anytime I try to enable my graphics card the boot loads about half way and goes black.

Feel like I'm going crazy here haha...

Please Help

Where is the best place to install Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup?
  • In the EFI under Kexts/Other
  • In Library/Extensions
  • In System/Library/Extensions

I have them in EFI...
Note that I'm still running Sierra, but I'm quite sure many people running High Sierra don't have this issue with their 970.
Are you sure you have no other black screen fixes running at the same time?

Last edited:
I have them in EFI...
Note that I'm still running Sierra, but I'm quite sure many people running High Sierra don't have this issue with their 970.
Are you sure you have no other black screen fixes running at the same time?

Yes I even re-installed High Sierra to try different methods so there wouldn't be any conflicts.

Hello cnote.stl!
I am a complete noob when it comes to installing MAC OS on a windows PC. I really want to install the High Sierra as a second OS and be able to switch between Win 10 and this. I own the same parts. Could you please explain to me how to do it (if you have tried it) also would like to know if you managed to make the GTX 970 work with the OS

I got black screen too after install webdriver, 3 weeks later i found solution: use dp instead of HDMI which mentioned in this thread, everything works fine (except some lag)

Searching and troubleshooting for hours has resulted in no luck for my fresh install of 10.13.4 (17e199). Can get Nvidia web drivers to display in proper resolution, but performance is terrible and constantly glitching. Moving windows causes them to go transparent and lock up.

Intel DX58SO
Intel Xeon W3960 @ 4.6 GHz
12 GB DDR3 1866
2x EVGA GTX980 SC 4GB
Seiki Pro 40" 4k display via DP

Used app store d/l with unibeast. Feel as if I'm possibly missing an old school fix here....

Fixed... used patched driver 378.10.10.10.25.103 and current Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back