Contribute
Register

Nothing plays on TV app (blank but with control overlays showing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as backing up is recommended but unneccessary as changing system definition will not destroy your data on your drive but you will be prompted to login into Apple account as Apple will recognize that you're using a different system. You'll need to make backup of your config.plist and use Clover Configuratior to generate new serial number, motherboard serial number (MLB) and SmUUID.

You should always back up your EFI when changing it, just incase you do not like it or it does not work for you. Then all you have to do is pop your old EFI back in place and your good to go old serial number and everything. I have an extra drive in my computer that I use to test new EFI settings so I do not mess up my main drive. I am not sure that you need a full system back up just to change your SM but at least the EFI.

I tried suggested iMac pro 1.1 system definition, disabled iGpu in bios, start some tv show stream,the tv app works for about 8 seconds and then it returns to the main menu... Anyone with the same problem? I guess its the drm issue...

I tried suggested iMac pro 1.1 system definition, disabled iGpu in bios, start some tv show stream,the tv app works for about 8 seconds and then it returns to the main menu... Anyone with the same problem? I guess its the drm issue...

can't say it is a solution for an R9, the RX580 and Vega cards work without IGPU. Have you reauthorized the computer?

can't say it is a solution for an R9, the RX580 and Vega cards work without IGPU. Have you reauthorized the computer?
Thanks for the suggestion, already tried to reauthorize but it doesn’t work. It seems that it only works on Polaris and newer architecture amd cards

Hi

worked here since move smbios to imacpro 1.1 and disable igpu in bios - RX580

would be good to find another fix to apply :) BUt it works since

You maybe able t
Thanks for the suggestion, already tried to reauthorize but it doesn’t work. It seems that it only works on Polaris and newer architecture amd cards
You maybe able to create a dummy kext that makes everything work threw the video card. Before Apple fixed the driver for the 580 to work without IGPU people made a dummy kext that did that for them. I could not tell you how to make it though.

Does anyone have a clear solution on this for those of us with an iGPU? I have an Intel 4400 in an i3/4010U and I can't use the Apple "TV" app at all.

Same issue here. Digital copy movies from the iTunes store worked fine on Mojave, but play with a black screen in Catalina. The audio plays fine - just no picture. No issues with my own ripped movies.

I'm using SMBIOS 17,1 with the HD530 using a headless platform ID. I haven't bothered with different Shiki arguments so far. I'm guessing that one of the patches that Shiki applies for Skylake boards is no longer valid.

Update on this issue - there's a recent commit in Whatevergreen with a description of "Fixed FairPlay DRM playback patches on 10.15". For grins, I downloaded and built the kext locally. It DOES correct the playback of Apple Store purchased videos on my system (17,1 SMBIOS, Vega 56, HD530 setup as headless). Looks like it'll be in v1.3.5 of WhateverGreen when that's officially released.

@GregP9999 Hi buddy. I can't build the kext locally this time so would you kindly share your compiled 1.3.5 with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back