Contribute
Register

Nothing is being installed/changed when using Multibeast. Where's everything saving to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 2500
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti (2GB)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
EDIT: I meant to say "MultiBeast" in the title, instead of "Mavericks".

I installed Mavericks (10.9.4) via UniBeast, and I noticed that OS X didn't come with the /Extra/ folder. Within the UniBeast USB, there was one. I simply dragged that to my HDD, so now it's a part of it, Chameleon configuration and all.

No matter what I do or install in MultiBeast, nothing changes. I keep trying to install a specific audio kext, but when I reboot, it's like nothing has changed. Same goes for other kexts and little tweaks/configuration files. I checked the /Extra/ folder, and nothing was added to it, or changed. What can I do?

Nothing is being installed/changed when using Mavericks. Where's everything saving to?

EDIT: I meant to say "MultiBeast" in the title, instead of "Mavericks".

I installed Mavericks (10.9.4) via UniBeast, and I noticed that OS X didn't come with the /Extra/ folder. Within the UniBeast USB, there was one. I simply dragged that to my HDD, so now it's a part of it, Chameleon configuration and all.

No matter what I do or install in MultiBeast, nothing changes. I keep trying to install a specific audio kext, but when I reboot, it's like nothing has changed. Same goes for other kexts and little tweaks/configuration files. I checked the /Extra/ folder, and nothing was added to it, or changed. What can I do?

Audio kexts in Multibeast are not installed to /Extra. They are installed to /System/Library/Extensions.

FYI: Fixed the title of the thread for you.

UPDATE: The only way I could get my audio kext working is if I installed it via an older version of MultiBeast. Does this have to do with MultiBeast, or perhaps my Motherboard? I haven't had problems with my MB before...

UPDATE: The only way I could get my audio kext working is if I installed it via an older version of MultiBeast. Does this have to do with MultiBeast, or perhaps my Motherboard? I haven't had problems with my MB before...

It has to do with the way you're (mis)using Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back