i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Reading the various successful update to the latest Monterey release, I wonder why some are still using old OpenCore versions i.e 0.7.4, 0.7.5 and 0.7.6. I am not talking about the nightly versions which at the moment is 0.7.8 (which I am using), I mean why not the release OC version 0.7.7.

I feel those on old OC versions are missing out on the vast improvements made so far by not updating to the official released version, but I suppose if the rig is running ok on an old version and you're happy, then all is well. :)

Reading the various successful update to the latest Monterey release, I wonder why some are still using old OpenCore versions i.e 0.7.4, 0.7.5 and 0.7.6. I am not talking about the nightly versions which at the moment is 0.7.8 (which I am using), I mean why not the release OC version 0.7.7.

I feel those on old OC versions are missing out on the vast improvements made so far by not updating to the official released version, but I suppose if the rig is running ok on an old version and you're happy, then all is well. :)
Because the formatting seems to change with every damn release and updating is almost as much of a pain in the butt as making a new one.

New 11th gen/Z590 build. Running OC 0.7.5. Just updated basic kexts. Everything went smoothly.

Because the formatting seems to change with every damn release and updating is almost as much of a pain in the butt as making a new one.
No not really, there is a handy little app that does it all for you with just two mouse clicks, it will update config.plist and kexts to latest official released versions, test the changes for errors before committing as well as backing up and keeping a copy of your old settings.

Sorry I don't think I can name the app here as I think the last time I did, the post got deleted. But like I said if you're happy with your current version, then all is well. :thumbup:

No not really, there is a handy little app that does it all for you with just two mouse clicks, it will update config.plist and kexts to latest official released versions, test the changes for errors before committing as well as backing up and keeping a copy of your old settings.

Sorry I don't think I can name the app here as I think the last time I did, the post got deleted. But like I said if you're happy with your current version, then all is well. :thumbup:
Would love to know the name of the app. Truth be told, I triple boot and I'm spending over 90% of my time on Linux (Mint) now. Hackintosh was a gateway drug.

I dual boot Monterey and Win 11, also hot-plug BS which is on a separate SSD disk that I plug in from time to time, all with out hassle. Monterey and Win 11 are on separate M.2 drives.

Just Google OCAT for the app.
Thanks. Will do.

yes I been using ocat for some time now and its got better on every update recommend it

I dual boot Monterey and Win 11, also hot-plug BS which is on a separate SSD disk that I plug in from time to time, all with out hassle. Monterey and Win 11 are on separate M.2 drives.

Just Google OCAT for the app.
@esafeggie;
I updated to OC0.7.7 using said app. It took me a few practices but I figured out and was successful, except the bootable USB drive is not recognized in picker screen. Would you please take a look at attached EFI? Everything displayed using OC0.7.6 including Windows. Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 44
  • OC077.png
    OC077.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • OC076.png
    OC076.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
@esafeggie;
I updated to OC0.7.7 using said app. It took me a few practices but I figured out and was successful, except the bootable USB drive is not recognized in picker screen. Would you please take a look at attached EFI? Everything displayed using OC0.7.6 including Windows. Thank you.
Hi - I noticed you have two config.plists in the EFI Folder, I made some corrections to the config.plist not the copy. I also updated the files so you can try the attached EFI on the EFI Partition of a test USB Drive. First you must clean the NVRAM before booting off the USB to remove any old previous settings from the memory.

Hope this works out for you. Good luck, let me know if all is well with the changes I made. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    5 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back