Contribute
Register

Note for those using the latest Multibeast ML edition (5.0.2) and getting KP without NullCPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V 3603 BIOS
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just something I've noticed...either the latest patcher for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement doesnt actually do anything, or its bugged, but I was getting KP at boot until I installed NullCPU. On a whim, I went back to an earlier version of Multibeast for Lion (not the ML one), and installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.7.4 from it (always worked fine on my Lion install), and voila---works fine with sleep and SSDT on my Z77 mobo.

Trying this right now. I am using the same Mobo. Have you had any luck getting the USB 3.0 ports on the front panel working? I have them working fine on the rear panel, but not front. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks again, this solved my sleep issue. Now the only problem I am having is with the USB 3.0 ports.

Sorry for the late reply---never tried the USB3 ports on this board---just using the yellow ones on the back panel (very top).

Could this be related to my problem here? I flashed my ASUS Maximus V Gene to the modded BIOS and installed ML. After running MultiBeast with UserDSDT and the settings from that same thread, I get KP on reboot for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I didn't install NullCPU or patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement because the modded BIOS should support native speedstep but I don't know what the problem is. How would I check if MultiBeast installed something by accident?

I didn't select the patched kext or NullCPU from MultiBeast so it shouldn't be in the folder right?

Ok. I will do that. Thanks!

Update: Apparently my BIOS did not patch the first time around. I tried again and this time it boots up great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back