Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Formula (X58)
CPU
Xeon X5690
Graphics
AMD R9 Fury X
I am confused/stuck/Need help...

I formatted the disk properly, I installed Mojave. I rebooted into the USB/Clover and now looking at the 2 drives to select. HFC and External. If I click HFC, nothing happens. External will take me back to Clover again? How do I get into Multibeast so I can finish the installation and make my disk bootable?
I used Legacy mode because my mobo doesn't have a EUFI (Asus Rampage III Formula)
I followed all the recommended bios settings. I disabled VT-d, do I need to disable Intel virtualization as well?
I see it says to disable USB3 with Award Bios, mine is not award, so I left it enabled.

What do I do now?
The instructions do not show how to get into MultiBeast.
It says:

1. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
  2. Choose USB
  3. At the Boot Screen, choose your new Mojave installation. (Is this the Mojave on the USB or Hard drive?) It doesn't boot yet.)
  4. Complete macOS setup
  5. Open and run MultiBeast
Sorry for being a big brainfart, but this is confusing. Perhaps fix the language a bit.

P.S.

I rebooted into the USB and it installed more, but now I am in Closer and have still no idea what to do.
I see:
External: Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave
APFS: Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
APFS: Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
APFS: Boot macOS from OSX Mojave
Recovery: Boot Recovery from Recovery

Which one do I choose? Don't want to screw anything up at this point.

Thanks

I rebooted into the USB and it installed more, but now I am in Closer and have still no idea what to do.
I see:
External: Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave
APFS: Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
APFS: Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
APFS: Boot macOS from OSX Mojave
Recovery: Boot Recovery from Recovery

Which one do I choose? Don't want to screw anything up at this point.
Choose the one in red above.

Thanks! Worked. Now...there is no internet connection now. I didn't find the driver in Multibeast's option set.
I have the Intel Ethernet 82567C Gigabit LAN. I also have a couple of USB wifi adapters. A Sabrent usb2 and a Dlink Deathstar USB3 one. Any ideas? I'm lost on a mac.

I figured out the ethernet, but I would like to get the USB wifi to work. How do I know which ones will work?
Also, I can only boot into OSX using the clover install USB. How do I fix that?
Lastly, the sound. I have a SupremeFX X-Fi 2 onboard audio. No idea which driver to use for it.

Thanks again

As far as I know, there isn't a large selection of USB WiFi adapters for the Mac. But this item by TP-Link should work:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IFXQFU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

We recommend the Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth PCIe x1 card for the best speed and compatibility. Similar PCIe cards based on Broadcom's BCM94360 chipset will work out-of-box with native support.

For the SupremeFX, have a look here:

By the way, the Search function on this website works very well. For kicks, try typing "SupremeFX" in the magnifying-glass icon on the top right and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back