Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
:wave:

Hi,
Please forgive if this question has been answered as i can't figure out how to search for p55m-ud2.

I feel like i'm so close, but can't get past this hurdle.
I used the latest iBoot Multi beast method:
set bios and Ibooted
installed snow leopard (seems great)
ran combined update to 10.6.5
ran multi beast using dsdt method and the dsdt file i downloaded for p55m-ud2 f11 (bios says f11)
also installed : Legacy HDA Alc887/885b, nvenabler, realtekr1000sl, smbios.plist for i5 and the osx86 software.

when i restart i get a very very sluggish computer with constant rainbow wheel.
it also sounds like the hard drive is struggling a lot.
I tried it with both of the com.apple.boot.plist options for 64, and then without either.
Can anyone spot what i am doing wrong?

the very first time i tried it i didn't use the dsdt, just ran the easy beast and it seemed great except the sleep didn't work. Can anyone verify the dsdt file on the site at dsdt.php for p55m-ud2 f11 is right?

SOSO SO SO SO appreciate any advice!!!!!!!!
thanks
steve

MB:p55m-ud2
graphics: xfx GeForce 9500 GT
4 g ram (corsair)
1TB Seagate SATA drive

I too can't seem to get sleep to work.

Using F11 DSDT from database.

MB: GA-P55a-UD3 rev. 1.0

I have an Apple Airport card installed with a PCIE adapter, but I unplugged it and booted to see if it was causing the problem and it wasn't.

My hack won't go to sleep; the mouse just disappears until I move it again. I can also hear my Optiarc drive spin up for a split second :/

Edit: Just remembered my webcam is plugged into my machine :(. Thats probably my problem, will try it when I get home from work tonight.

I've got the same MB. I followed this method the first time I ran MultiBeast with the P55M-UD2 DSDT.aml file. Check out the video. Won't hurt to run MultiBeast completely, like the video.

I'm also not sure i understand the dsdt method correctly. Do i use the dsdt from the database for my configuration as is or do i have to add extra edits to it?
Anyone know?
thanks

infraredmosquito said:
I'm also not sure i understand the dsdt method correctly. Do i use the dsdt from the database for my configuration as is or do i have to add extra edits to it?
Anyone know?
thanks
The DSDT for your motherboard in the database is ready to go.

oh that's good.

Do you think the problem is that its just not a very good dsdt then? I tried installing it 4 times and every time got the same result: rainbow wheel.

Thanks for your help!

infraredmosquito said:
oh that's good.

Do you think the problem is that its just not a very good dsdt then? I tried installing it 4 times and every time got the same result: rainbow wheel.

Thanks for your help!
That DSDT is what tonymacx86 is using on his P55M-UD2. So it's not the DSDT, it's something else in your setup.

Are you using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard?

MacMan,

Thanks for helping!!!

I am using the 10.6.0 Mac OSX Snow Leopard install DVD purchased from amazon for about $30, is that correct?

everything but sleep seems to work with the 10.6.0 install, (and not being able to start up without the iboot disc inserted).

Working great with {easy beast & no dsdt & lnx2mac driver for ethernet} except no audio on front port and can't wake up from sleep.

when i tried the combo update to 10.6.5 with the dsdt option for the f11 bios just got the rainbow wheel no matter what else i installed with it. That's why i was wondering if i needed to do something else to the dsdt before installation. are you sure tony mac is using that version of the dsdt?

any other installation suggestions? Or should i give up on sleep?

It seems great otherwise.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beachball:

I am working on a H55M-UD2H i3-540 build, very similar to yours.

I hate sleep mode or any other mode that shuts down the processor(hibernate). My work laptop connects to a VPN, if I let any of these modes kick in, I am in for a 20min re-boot to get back online.
I always set the power model to never sleep and disable hibernate. I set the monitor to sleep and the HD to spin down but, nothing else. I do this on every computer I have.

I am also getting the spinning wheel after the 10.6.5 combo update w/DSDT F11 on the re-boot. I am still playing with it.

:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back