Register

Not Showing Extra RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx its installed but Audio is not Coming My Mothere Board IS DH55HC Intel

Thanx
Now i am able to boot from HDD but its restarting after Shutingdown
plz HELP

I've installed over 15 times, on a few partitions. All using a reference Gigabyte board, graphics card and Sony DVD. Of course I've done the steps you've listed [note: only works like that if I yank all of the 8Gb sticks and use a single 2Gb stick instead during the install; otherwise a different order is needed with MultiBeast used a couple of times]. BIOS is also setup.

None of the systems boot from the Hard Disk boot, so I have to use the iBoot CD. Either a hang at 'loading operating system...' or a 'You need to restart your mac' hang screen with Kernel error (like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement). The systems generally work via iBoot CD (or I've had to reinstall then from scratch, or now at least I have an image saved on another drive that can be restored).

I have the right DTST version for my board renamed on desktop. I've tried only DTST & SystemUtilities, and also all of the recommended settings for this board in MultiBeast (Audio-ALC8xxHDA&AppleHDA Rollback, Disk-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, Network Realtek, Bootloader, BootOption 64-bit Apple Boot Screen, and finally I've tried both iMac12,2 and MacPro3,1 on separate attempts.

Suggestions?
All tips would be appreciated here, esp. since it appears that there are plenty of people out there with this board using more than 4Gb RAM.

Plugging something into a USB port also sometimes hangs the board, but sometimes works. I can probably live with that, but not without the extra RAM.

> When you first got Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installed, you should
>
> (1) download and install Update Helper, then reboot, and then
> (2) run the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Combo Update, but do not reboot
> (3) run MultiBeast to configure your hardware
> (4) finally try booting from the hard disk
>
> When you say only 4GB RAM is recognized in Snow Leopard, are you still booting from the iBoot CD and not from the hard disk?[/quote]

> When you say only 4GB RAM is recognized in Snow Leopard, are you still booting from the iBoot CD and not from the hard disk?[/quote]

Some great news, it's all working! I stuck with it and figured out that the reason my machine was locking on a hard disk boot was from a Kernel Panic caused by the following error:

"CPU3 has no HPET assigned to it" that only appears once the audio drivers are assigned

workaround:
need the option NullCPUPowerManagement (Misc section) to be selected too.

The DSDT file likely needs some updating, I'm using the "DSDT-GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9.aml" file. As I never assigned this, each time I went to enable all of the drivers/options, then the machine froze during boot. Only the UserDSDT brought up the machine for a few seconds before a freeze. So I installed one option at a time, and saw the change on the audio (last one).

Thanks for all of the help.
Btw, let me suggest that someone adds two notes to the Sandy Bridge section for 10.6.8. Note 1: Do not install with more than 4Gb RAM (add the RAM later) and Note 2: Watch out for the NullCPUPowerManagement on quad-core i5s (and likely i7s)

I Found the solution!!!!!
if you cant boot from the hardrive?....who cares,just download and burn rboot, use that to boot your snow leopard and that should solve the ram and 64bit problem...
if your ethernet all of a sudden stops working, just use multibeast again to install the proper drivers, try to install more than one driver that you think your mother board takes, if that still does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back