Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After installing Mac OS X
i installed extra RAM but not showing in About this mac

I have exactly the same problem. I put 32Gb RAM into my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board (with Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 graphics), did the install step by step, and only 4Gb of RAM shows up.
This is of course after installing the OS around 6x as the instructions for the SandyBridge patch aren't right and I was getting freezes after upgrading from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. RAM is Patriot G2 (PC3-10666 1333MHz, 4x8Gb Kit). Had to try various steps out of order.
I'm not sure if its BIOS settings, but my board recognized the RAM off the bat.
All suggestions are very much welcome...

invprakash said:
After installing Mac OS X
i installed extra RAM but not showing in About this mac

Please give more detail. Motherboard? CPU? Graphics card if any? Amount of RAM installed? Version of OSX?

Are you booting from the hard disk or from CD/USB stick?

andrew_l said:
I have exactly the same problem. I put 32Gb RAM into my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board (with Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 graphics), did the install step by step, and only 4Gb of RAM shows up.
This is of course after installing the OS around 6x as the instructions for the SandyBridge patch aren't right and I was getting freezes after upgrading from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. RAM is Patriot G2 (PC3-10666 1333MHz, 4x8Gb Kit). Had to try various steps out of order.
I'm not sure if its BIOS settings, but my board recognized the RAM off the bat.
All suggestions are very much welcome...

When you first got Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installed, you should

(1) download and install Update Helper, then reboot, and then
(2) run the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Combo Update, but do not reboot
(3) run MultiBeast to configure your hardware
(4) finally try booting from the hard disk

When you say only 4GB RAM is recognized in Snow Leopard, are you still booting from the iBoot CD and not from the hard disk?

Yes brother u r right i am not able to boot from hdd plz help how can i solve this prob.
When trying to boot from hdd errot msg is showing
boot0 - GPT
boot0 - test
boot0 -test
boot0 -gpt
boot0 - test
boot0 - test
boot0 - error
Plz help what i need to do

invprakash said:
Yes brother u r right i am not able to boot from hdd plz help how can i solve this prob.
When trying to boot from hdd errot msg is showing
boot0 - GPT
boot0 - test
boot0 -test
boot0 -gpt
boot0 - test
boot0 - test
boot0 - error
Plz help what i need to do

I bet you are using a "Advanced Format" hard drive which can cause this problem.

Follow the instructions here to hopefully solve the problem : http://www.mymac4music.com/2011/10/boot0-error/

Little confused i need to boot from SL installer dvd or just from desktop
Or any other way
Thanx

I have snow leopard reatail dvd 10.6 but my os is updated 10.6.8

10.6.0 retail DVD is fine - all you need is access to the disk utility and terminal apps at the first install screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back