Contribute
Register

Not booting to RAID, but booting with USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, I don't really know if the thread is on the right place, but with the current problem I think it relates to it, if not, well, go ahead and move it where it should be.

I've recently built my computer and everything went alright. The specs are:

Intel Core i7-4770K (Not overclocked yet)
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Drives:
Intel 530 Series SSD 180GB (x2)
OCZ Vertex 450 128GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1000GB

So I installed Windows 8 Pro perfectly on the Vertex 450 SSD, no problems. The problems came up when installing Mac OS X (surprise!).

Before hand, I have already installed OSX to one of the Intel SSDs, and everything was fine. But because my intention was to have RAID 0 with both Intel SSDs, I wiped it up and installed it again, but now to my hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzvhBbEXoY

I followed that tutorial and everything was fine. But when I tried to log in the array, it froze in the Apple logo screen. So I kept following that tutorial (the steps in the installation screen he did at about 11:00). In my desperation of it stil not getting in, I installed the OS again in the RAID 0 array this time. Not yet pass the Apple logo screen.

But now what happens is something really weird.

I can't go into my RAID array yet, as it still freezes at the Apple logo screen. But when Chimera is loading the drive, and instead select the USB (the installer) it goes to the array in Safe Boot (with the stuff I had when doing the tutorial). I did install MultiBeast the first time it did that, but the same thing happens: Can't boot to the RAID OS, but I can access it if I select USB when i'm chimera (not booting from USB though, it's booting from the RAID array, it's just that it won't access the OS if I don't select USB instead).

I hope you can help me solve this problem or if it's recommendable to just wipe the drives and start over.

Thank you.

Hi gileu97,

I'm sorry I don't have an advice for you but I rather was hoping for your help instead :)

I have the same hardware specs as you do but after running Multibeast I cannot boot OSX except for safe mode. So I guess I'm doing something wrong with the kext patch. Can I ask you what settings did you run MultiBeas with?

Back at your issue, maybe you need to install your OS in a dedicated separate SSD rather than the RAID0? If it was working before and the RAID0 seems to be causing the problem, then reverting to the origianl set up might help and separating the RAID on its own.

Thank you for your help and hope you get your RAID0 running.

Well, right now I was having the same exact problems with my hard drive with my last install. ALTHOUGH, with my first boot, I think these were my settings:

4miTu2w.gif

I have follow all the tutorial as well but my problem was same with you,i can't boot into the os with raid 0.
I have tweet this problem to cpukid but there is no reply from him.

I just fixed the problem and now I have my hackintosh ready to do stuff! I will post the build once I get my monitor, keyboard and mouse.

But basically what I did is restart the process. Also I was using mavericks instead of Mountain Lion and the newest versions of Multi and UniBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back