Contribute
Register

Not Booting After Using Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Exact* same thing. As I said, it worked fine before Multibeast.

multibeast is the one that gets it booting ,before that its working on generic drivers for every machine ,multibeast gets it working on your specific machine then you fine tune for your machine ,that is where you are at ,fine tuning your machine ,so it works now its work out what is not working right and what is ok

mkay, but how the **** do I fix the problem?

It has said "waiting for root from device" 5 times..

You have a boot loader installed on your HDD at this point and you see Chimera at startup, then get "waiting for root..." during boot? And you're installing Lion?

Might need AHCI 3rd party if that is the case..

My camera's SD card has the iBoot stuff on it.

What are you using iBoot for?

You have a boot loader installed on your HDD at this point and you see Chimera at startup, then get "waiting for root..." during boot? And you're installing Lion?

Might need AHCI 3rd party if that is the case..

What are you using iBoot for?

First off: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING PROPER SENTENCES!

On topic: I have lion installed, I got to the desktop, used MultiBeast, restarted, wouldn't boot. Gets stuck on white Apple boot screen and after a couple seconds, I get a *very* tiny box with a (\) in it. I try -v and It says "waiting for root" and gets stuck there. My problems only started after I used MultiBeast.

-Cam

Was using iBoot to install it I beleive.

First off: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING PROPER SENTENCES!

On topic: I have lion installed, I got to the desktop, used MultiBeast, restarted, wouldn't boot. Gets stuck on white Apple boot screen and after a couple seconds, I get a *very* tiny box with a (\) in it. I try -v and It says "waiting for root" and gets stuck there. My problems only started after I used MultiBeast.

-Cam

You probably need "3rd Party SATA" from Multibeast. It is just a guess as I've never run into a need for it.

"waiting for root..." means the system is waiting for a device to show up that has a volume/partition on it with the expected UID (passed from the boot loader) that is supposed to be mounted as root (/). Without this device the system can't boot. This probably means the SATA drivers in the system do not support the SATA chip that your system HDD is connected to.

"3rd Party SATA" provides: (quoting from Multibeast):

Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

So if that rings a bell, then install it and give it a try...

You probably need "3rd Party SATA" from Multibeast. It is just a guess as I've never run into a need for it.

"waiting for root..." means the system is waiting for a device to show up that has a volume/partition on it with the expected UID (passed from the boot loader) that is supposed to be mounted as root (/). Without this device the system can't boot. This probably means the SATA drivers in the system do not support the SATA chip that your system HDD is connected to.

"3rd Party SATA" provides: (quoting from Multibeast):

So if that rings a bell, then install it and give it a try...

I can't get into the OS though. So I can't install anything.

I can't get into the OS though. So I can't install anything.

You should be able to boot with your Unibeast USB... It has AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /Extra/Extensions.

I can't do that either. EXACT SAME thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back