Contribute
Register

Not able to remove second partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Yosemite, and i have had this problem since mavericks. I have 2 partitions, each of 250 gb. Whenever I attempt to delete the second one which I am not using, I always get a "no operating system detected", and it always results in a fresh install. I want to remove this partition, so how would be the best way to do this? Also, on an unrelated topic, when I was trying to replace the wifi card to Artheros AR9280, the screws do not come out. I have tried many screwdrivers.

I have installed Yosemite, and i have had this problem since mavericks. I have 2 partitions, each of 250 gb. Whenever I attempt to delete the second one which I am not using, I always get a "no operating system detected", and it always results in a fresh install. I want to remove this partition, so how would be the best way to do this? Also, on an unrelated topic, when I was trying to replace the wifi card to Artheros AR9280, the screws do not come out. I have tried many screwdrivers.

After deleting a partition, you must set an active one with fdisk.

After install Yosemite open a terminal window, enter the following command and post the results here.

Code:
diskutil list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back