1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an onboard bluetooth and wifi support on my Motherboard
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 with BLUETOOTH 5.0

So I added following 3 kexts

1. AirportItlwm ,
  2. IntelBluetoothFirmware
  3. IntelBluetoothInjector (Bluetooth on/Off doesn't show up without this)

Working
  • Wifi is working smoothly.
  • HandOff working fine. I just checked Safari handoffs.
  • Bluetooth to Apple AirPods able to connect smoothly.
    I tried someone's Beats solo3 and was able to connect them also via bluetooth.
Not Working
  • Airdrop Not working.
    I can see the nearby iPhone while trying to share by Airdrop from Hackintosh, but nothing happens when I click on iPhone icon,
    Also I can see this Hackintosh on other devices while trying to share by airdrop. but after clicking on it, It just kept showing "waiting..."
  • Bluetooth connection with non Apple devices
    Main things which I want to connect was my (Logitech bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse) & My Bluetooth speakers. But those are not connecting.
    I can see them in available list in bluetooth preference,
    But while pairing they show as connected for 2-3 seconds and then again go back to available list.
    I'm unable to attach the video in here. so adding some pictures

Connecting AirPod

1.png

2.png

Successfully connected, I can listen the music :)
3.png

Trying to connect to Bluetooth Mouse.
This a bluetooth mouse which you can pair with 3 different devices and with one click on mouse you can jump from one device to another.

4.png

1632191016310.png

Shows connected for 2-3 seconds (spinny on right keep spinning)
6.png

Goes back to available device list.
7.png

Trying to connect Keyboard (can pair to 3 devices and with one click can switch the control)
1632191478378.png

1632191489875.png

Even got this popup , so things are working
1632191499175.png

Showed connected for 2 -3 seconds with a spiny running at right
1632191517189.png

Goes back to unconnected status
1632191547261.png

Last edited:

Limitations of AirportItlwm.kext

• Apple Bluetooth peripherals may fail to connect.
    • Workaround: use itlwm.kext with HeliPort or disable iCloud.
  • Handoff and Universal Clipboard are the only supported Continuity features, so no Airdrop.
Read this FAQ for AirportItlwm.kext - # AirportItlwm FAQ

Thanks,

But "I think" my problem is other way. Let me know if I understood it wrong.

By using AirportItlwm.kext,
I'm able to connect to Apple Bluetooth peripherals (like apple EarPods)
What I'm not able to connect is,
Non Apple Bluetooth peripherals, like Logitech keyboard/mouse, JBL speaker

But if you still recommend using itlwm.kext. Looks Like I need to remove AirportItlwm.ktext and its references in config.plist & replace them with itlwm.kext

I can see my card Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 is # compatibile

Under FAQ, Limitation of AirportItlwm.kext are mentioned
But I don't see any mention what itlwm.ketx + Haliport usage prvovides

For now I took the latest stable version # v2.0.0

Last edited:
@Edhawk
As per your suggestion I removed AirportItlwm.kext and used itlwm.kext
now I don't see anything in system wifi.
But I can use heliport to connect to wifi.

1632265615331.png

But my problem is not solved, seems more problem started with it.So I reverted to AirportItlwm

Here is a comparison all feature, I could think of.

1632269369620.png

Last edited:
Are you using the Heliport app along with the Itlwm.kext for your WiFi? Both are required in place of the AirPortItlwm.kext.

Heliport application has been installed to the system Applications folder?

You have retained the bluetooth firmware and injector kexts in your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist, yes?
  1. IntelBluetoothFirmware
  2. IntelBluetoothInjector

Are you using the Heliport app along with the Itlwm.kext for your WiFi? Both are required in place of the AirPortItlwm.kext.

Heliport application has been installed to the system Applications folder?

You have retained the bluetooth firmware and injector kexts in your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist, yes?
  1. IntelBluetoothFirmware
  2. IntelBluetoothInjector
Yes Yes & Yes to all 3 question

As I said above

I removed AirportItlwm.kext and used itlwm.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
Updated my config.plist Kernel section to point to itlwm.kext and removed AirportItlwm.kext
Installed Haliport and in Application folder, In fact its still there
No other change.

I was able to use wifi by Haliport.
If you see my first picture above, you will see 2 wifi in menu bar. the one working on left is Heliport and disabled one is default Mac wifi.

But if you see my second image, this is the comparison.
Pardon me for confusion, last column heading should've been itlwm.ketx + Haliport

Did you check the System Preferences > General tab to ensure the Handoff option is still selected?

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 19.00.29.png System Preferences > General tab - Handoff enabler highlighted

@Edhawk Yes, It was..
you see in above comparison table. Handoff was/is working with AirportItlwm.
because preferences are correct.

ONLY THING I did to move to itlwm is editing config.plist & copying kext in EFI/OC folder and installing heliport.
everything else was same.

But actually all this Jazz, I am doing because what I want is
  1. to connect those bluetooth keyboard & mouse (So I can switch between machines at one click)
  2. if possible Airdrop
  3. Handoff is the last priority, if any of the above 2 work then there is no problem even if handoff doesn't work,

Last edited:
If a Keyboard and mouse are already connected via bluetooth to a machine, they won't connect to another machine like you want. You have to disconnect the keyboard and mouse from the first machine before the second machine can connect with the two devices.

The machine with the Bluetooth module can usually connect up to six devices.

Devices such as your keyboard and mouse can usually only connect to one system at any given time.

It is not like using a Logitech Unifying Receiver, which can be used to connect to multiple systems with a single keyboards & mouse combo. The Logitech Unifying Receiver uses software to manage the keyboard switching between systems, which doesn't exist in macOS for Bluetooth.

I tried what you are trying a few years ago and had the same results but with a native Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

That being the case I would suggest you go back to using AirportItlwm.kext and remove the kext and app I told you to use, as you were getting a better connection and services with the original kext and setup.

RE: If a Keyboard and mouse are already connected via bluetooth to a machine, they won't connect to another machine like you want. You have to disconnect the keyboard and mouse from the first machine before the second machine can connect with the two devices.
Actually they can connect to 3 different machine by just one click.
So I don't have to disconnect them on other device.
There are 3 buttons to pair and then move them around different machines.
I tested connecting KB & MOUSE with my work-laptop (windows) & my Friends MacBookPro
with one key-press I can switch between 3 machines

Here are the links for devices for clarification.
# Mouse
# Only Keyboard Here

That being the case I would suggest you go back to using AirportItlwm.kext and remove the kext and app I told you to use, as you were getting a better connection and services with the original kext and setup.
Yeah, I reverted to AirportItlwm.kext yesterday only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back