Contribute
Register

Not Able to Boot Into Clover Sometimes...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 7590 - Clover
CPU
i7-9980HK
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I've setup my config.plist so that I'm able to boot my Hackintosh and get to, well, work and boot to the desktop, but sometimes when I boot into OS X, it just stops at the Clover loading drivers: "OsxAptioFixDrv: loading..."

"UUID is xxx-xxxxxx", etc. (It's basically the screen before you see the verbose output in the OS X kernel)

Some other times, Clover loads its things and boots straight into OS X within 10 seconds. So I'm wondering what causes those "sometimes" for it not to boot into the kernel.

I'm suspecting it's a USB problem, but all of my USB ports (3.0 & 2.0) are natively working in OS X, so I'm not really sure...:think:

Any help on this would be appreciated! :D

Cheers!

-Duncan

When you installed Clover to the HDD (or the USB for that matter), and when you chose "OsxAptioFixDrv" from the list, did you notice there's another option called "OsxAptioFix2Drv"? :)

You can use either of them, and most people don't use the second option, because the first one works just fine, but sometimes you have to use the second option (like I do), if for whatever reason, the OsxAptioFixDrv runs out of address space (in my case due to too many PCI devices).

Worth a try?

Ninja Edit: Oh, and add "slide=0" to your boot flags, regardless of which driver you choose, from the two above.

When you installed Clover to the HDD (or the USB for that matter), and when you chose "OsxAptioFixDrv" from the list, did you notice there's another option called "OsxAptioFix2Drv"? :)

You can use either of them, and most people don't use the second option, because the first one works just fine, but sometimes you have to use the second option (like I do), if for whatever reason, the OsxAptioFixDrv runs out of address space (in my case due to too many PCI devices).

Worth a try?

Ninja Edit: Oh, and add "slide=0" to your boot flags, regardless of which driver you choose, from the two above.

Hmm, never came across that thought before. I guess it's worth a try! Couldn't hurt to use it if it does the same thing as the original OsxAptioFixDrv...

Clover adds slide=0 to boot flags automatically, so no need to do that...

Thanks!

-Duncan

Duncan - thanks for posting, I'm having a similar issue to yours - it's very sporadic, but when it happens, I can't get past it until I go into BIOS, reselect my Clover UEFI partition as the boot, save and reboot. Otherwise everything is working fine.

Will give the OsxAptioFix2Dr and slide=0 a try to see if it keeps it from happening again.

Clover adds slide=0 to boot flags automatically, so no need to do that...
-Duncan
It only does that if you haven't modified the default settings for your config.plist (in Clover Configurator or manually), and there's a LOT of them.

My process of getting a stable config.plist, is to uncheck EVERYTHING and start from a very sparse config.plist. I keep modifying the file and adding options till everything is stable, and then no more.

If you leave it as default (with numerous things checked) you don't know which options are helping or harming.

It only does that if you haven't modified the default settings for your config.plist (in Clover Configurator or manually), and there's a LOT of them.

My process of getting a stable config.plist, is to uncheck EVERYTHING and start from a very sparse config.plist. I keep modifying the file and adding options till everything is stable, and then no more.

If you leave it as default (with numerous things checked) you don't know which options are helping or harming.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back