Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z390-F Gaming
CPU
Core i9-9900k
Graphics
Aorus RTX 2080 Super
Hi Guys,

I recently just bought a new pc but i am unable to get the installer usb working. I have changed all the correct settings for BIOS stated in a few tutorials and have also followed the right steps within a few tutorials.

The problem is that the apple logo gets a full bar then just stops, in -v mode it stops at certain line (See pic below).

I have tried default plist file and some settings people have suggested but nothing that is specfic to my hardware. I have also tried with and without dGPU.

Any help is appreciated!

PC Specs:
Motherboard:ASUS Z390-F Gaming
CPU: Core I9 9900k at 5ghz
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO - 32gb 3200mhz DDR4
GPU:AORUS RTX 2080 Super
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 500gb

Error:
IMG_4674.jpg

Hi Guys,

I recently just bought a new pc but i am unable to get the installer usb working. I have changed all the correct settings for BIOS stated in a few tutorials and have also followed the right steps within a few tutorials.

The problem is that the apple logo gets a full bar then just stops, in -v mode it stops at certain line (See pic below).

I have tried default plist file and some settings people have suggested but nothing that is specfic to my hardware. I have also tried with and without dGPU.

Any help is appreciated!

PC Specs:
Motherboard:ASUS Z390-F Gaming
CPU: Core I9 9900k at 5ghz
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO - 32gb 3200mhz DDR4
GPU:AORUS RTX 2080 Super
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 500gb

Error:
View attachment 467370
your video card is not supported

Search for 1279.

RTX 2080 will not work in any Mac OS, there are no drivers.

Search for 1279.

RTX 2080 will not work in any Mac OS, there are no drivers.
Ah! Would it work with the cpu intergrated graphics?

Thanks for the replys, is there a way to keep the graphics card plugged in for Windows and still use integrated for Mac. The hope is for a dual boot.

is there a way to keep the graphics card plugged in for Windows and still use integrated for Mac
Yes.

Use the forum Search tool for details.

After a load of patches I'm now in the installer.

Although it won't install. I am able to open disk utility and format the ssd to APFS but when I click install macOS, select drive and click install it just crashes and goes back to the menu. Not sure if this is a clover problem or a installer issue? Is there a way to install through terminal?

After a load of patches I'm now in the installer.

Although it won't install. I am able to open disk utility and format the ssd to APFS but when I click install macOS, select drive and click install it just crashes and goes back to the menu. Not sure if this is a clover problem or a installer issue? Is there a way to install through terminal?
Do you have all of your UEFI/BIOS settings set properly for Mac OS?

Recommended BIOS settings
Disable:
  • Fast Boot
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)
    • If this can't be turned off in the BIOS(or even found) you may need to patch it out.
Enable:
  • VT-X
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back