Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I installed mac os 10.10.3 using clover method on my lenovo Y510p. I did every thing given on this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-clover.html at first it was booting perfectly but suddenly it stoped working and could not figure out what is missing and now I have to boot from usb drive. And wifi and ethernet are also not working I have to connect to internet using usb thetering . And brightness control was working after I patched but now it is also not working. Plzzz help.

Thanks in advance:)

Hello,

I installed mac os 10.10.3 using clover method on my lenovo Y510p. I did every thing given on this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-clover.html at first it was booting perfectly but suddenly it stoped working and could not figure out what is missing and now I have to boot from usb drive. And wifi and ethernet are also not working I have to connect to internet using usb thetering . And brightness control was working after I patched but now it is also not working. Plzzz help.

Thanks in advance:)

Follow the new guide from beginning: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

So, I have to do it from the begging or i have to follow only post installation section.

Thanks for replying so fast..

So, I have to do it from the begging or i have to follow only post installation section.

Thanks for replying so fast..

I think it is best to follow from the beginning. To start mid-stream, you have to understand much more about how the procedures work.

I want to delete the partition on which i installed os x. I formated it to fat32 using windows disk management and then formated it to HFS+ by using OSX disk utility. So now I can not access that partition on windows. So, how will I erase it and again install it from new.

I want to delete the partition on which i installed os x. I formated it to fat32 using windows disk management and then formated it to HFS+ by using OSX disk utility. So now I can not access that partition on windows. So, how will I erase it and again install it from new.

You could have just erased it prior to installing OS X within Disk Utility from the OS X installer.

Note: The partition to which you install Yosemite is not an EFI partition (which was what you were originally asking about). The EFI partition is a special partition (it has a specific GUID) that is used to store UEFI bootloader code and configuration.

Earlier I installed OSX in UEFI BOOT MODE and then used windows EFI partition to boot directly from hdd. I copied Clover files from USB drive to EFI Partition and used software EasyEFI to make clover boot first. It BOOTED perfectly at first but then it suddenly stoped working. Now i am confused. Plzz help.

Earlier I installed OSX in UEFI BOOT MODE and then used windows EFI partition to boot directly from hdd. I copied Clover files from USB drive to EFI Partition and used software EasyEFI to make clover boot first. It BOOTED perfectly at first but then it suddenly stoped working. Now i am confused. Plzz help.

OS X knows nothing of UEFI. Clover is launched by a UEFI enabled BIOS, then simulates Apple EFI firmware in order to boot OS X.

Define "stopped working".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back