Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a hackintosh with an PNY CS1311 240GB SSD. It's formatted HFS as the guide suggested. I decided to go ahead and update to 10.13.3 from 10.13.1. The updater seems to think I have some fusion drive and will not let me install.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions?
upload_2018-2-17_14-56-13.png

upload_2018-2-17_14-56-42.png

upload_2018-2-17_14-57-35.png

upload_2018-2-17_15-1-17.png

I have a hackintosh with an PNY CS1311 240GB SSD. It's formatted HFS as the guide suggested. I decided to go ahead and update to 10.13.3 from 10.13.1. The updater seems to think I have some fusion drive and will not let me install.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions?
View attachment 313979
View attachment 313980
View attachment 313981
View attachment 313982
  • In normal App Store update of 10.13.3, you will not get such an interface like the one your image is showing.
  • The 1013.3 Combo Update prompts: "Restart Now ? .. or lists some other times to choose in the options.
  • Then it reboots and in 2-5 minutes a progress bar shows >Screen disappears to restart> BIOS Splash screen with prompts >CBM screen > MacOS Install icon along with your previous version disk icon ( Recovery disk icon if you have not hidden it)
  • It boos and continues the installation ( I always use Verbose mode to recognize any problem during all my installations).
  • Once more it can reboot to complete the installation.
Based on the above, I would think your Update installation software has a problem.
I suggest removing that and go through App Store again.

• In normal App Store update of 10.13.3, you will not get such an interface like the one your image is showing.
  • The 1013.3 Combo Update prompts: "Restart Now ? .. or lists some other times to choose in the options.
  • Then it reboots and in 2-5 minutes a progress bar shows >Screen disappears to restart> BIOS Splash screen with prompts >CBM screen > MacOS Install icon along with your previous version disk icon ( Recovery disk icon if you have not hidden it)
  • It boos and continues the installation ( I always use Verbose mode to recognize any problem during all my installations).
  • Once more it can reboot to complete the installation.
Based on the above, I would think your Update installation software has a problem.
I suggest removing that and go through App Store again.

Unfortunately the AppStore has no updates I can use...
I'm redownloading the combo update.. Hopefully I'm having delusions...
Nonetheless... I'd still like to know why I don't have the update listed.... :(
Thank you for the help :)
upload_2018-2-17_15-27-1.png

Unfortunately the AppStore has no updates I can use...
I'm redownloading the combo update.. Hopefully I'm having delusions...
Nonetheless... I'd still like to know why I don't have the update listed.... :(
Thank you for the help :)
View attachment 313983

• I am wondering whether your App Store Temporary Download cache folder has some corrupt files to be Trashed.
  • What I have done once for a similar issue was to Trash the suspicious contents inside that folder using Terminal command.
  • open $TMPDIR../C/com.apple.appstore/ [Press ENTER key] NOTE:You may copy and paste the above cmd to Terminal
  • You have any concern about its contents, copy to another folder on your desktop, and then delete.
  • Next try the App Store for updates.
See uploaded images of cmd on Terminal and its output in my system that has no problem with download

Attachments

• 1.Terminal cmd.png
    1.Terminal cmd.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.Appstore Cache.png
    2.Appstore Cache.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back