Contribute
Register

NootRX

How did you go with this? I'd be interested in testing it after i hear your results.

@Sabzz - It worked well! Just add the kext, disable WhateverGreen. If you have a 6900 XTXH, then disable the spoofing SSDT.

I ended up sticking with WhateverGreen. With NootRX, there was a small bump in the GB5 Metal score, but that doesn't really impact anything I do on the MacOS (I bought the card to game over on my Windows side). I have to disable the iGPU for NootRX, and unfortunately, that disables Sidecar. So to keep using Sidecar, I have to use WhateverGreen.

@Sabzz - It worked well! Just add the kext, disable WhateverGreen. If you have a 6900 XTXH, then disable the spoofing SSDT.

I ended up sticking with WhateverGreen. With NootRX, there was a small bump in the GB5 Metal score, but that doesn't really impact anything I do on the MacOS (I bought the card to game over on my Windows side). I have to disable the iGPU for NootRX, and unfortunately, that disables Sidecar. So to keep using Sidecar, I have to use WhateverGreen.
SSDT.png
NootRX.png

SSDT-BRG0 left NootRX right

SSDT-BRG0 left NootRX right
Which build/release did you use? Can you post a link please?

@Edhawk - have you had a chance to try Opencore 0.9.5? I attempted again to use the latest release but it does not boot, what the hell!? Why does it work w/ the one you linked a couple of weeks ago..?

Last edited:

Attachments

• NootRX.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
here you go
Thanks a lot. It works with this one. Do the fans of your XTXH spin constantly? Did them constantly without NootRX? And last question :) which release is it?

Thanks a lot. It works with this one. Do the fans of your XTXH spin constantly? Did them constantly without NootRX? And last question :) which release is it?
The Fans do spin low but that's how I like it keeps GPU cooler. NootRX V1.0.0

The version number for all these NootRX.kext releases is v1.0.0. It is in pre-release stage (beta) so a versioning system hasn't been implemented as yet.

The way to tell the difference is from the 'Commit' number on the download link you use, possibly the creation/modification dates too.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 18.19.04.png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 18.18.19.png

here you go
I just replace Whatervergreen with this kext, to see if it could solve the frequency ram issue with 6800 XT, and it doesn't.
As soon as I go for more than 1080p, GPU RAM is always at max (1440p now).

Under Windows 11, it work as it should if the screen is @ 60Hz, @ 75Hz it's the same, GPU RAM max frequency.
Under OS X 60HZ or 75 HZ changes nothing, only low resolution works.

But my main issue was the fan noise from the GPU: @59°C fan start with 1000rpm, then they stop @55°C, do that constantly... really boring.

With your kext, fan don't spin at all and the GPU stay @ 59°C, quite high....
With the kext from GitHub, few post ago in this thread, fans always spin very low, 380 RPM GPU stays @56°C.
It kinda solve my main issue : the noise coming & going.

About that GPU RAM always @Max speed, anyone have that too ? Is it related to Apple driver, or hackintosh ?

No you need to do the following as well as replace WhateverGreen.kext with NootRX.kext:
  1. Remove agdpmod=pikera boot argument.
  2. You may need to remove any/all the DeviceProperties > Add entries from your config.plist.

No you need to do the following as well as replace WhateverGreen.kext with NootRX.kext:
  1. Remove agdpmod=pikera boot argument.
  2. You may need to remove any/all the DeviceProperties > Add entries from your config.plist.
Yes already done, as I said, with the low fan mode it's better than Whatevergreen for me !
And if your gpu is hot and consume around 34Watts when idle, you got the ram @ max speed.
You can check that easily with HWMonitorSMC2

Back