Graphics
ATI Radeon 1900x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok this is my first ever Hackintosh the components are ordered and a friend is building it for free. However due to the lack of availability of someone I was hoping would be available it appears that I have to do the Mac install/hack myself. I realise there is a wealth of great sites and information out there not the least of which is Tonymacx86. I am sure I will be back for more advice and help when I get stuck if it's ok to ask for help. However I have a couple of questions now if anybody is free to answer .

If I want to end up with the latest version of mac osx Yosemite 10.10 I believe, am I right in thinking that I have to install Snow leopard first, and then all of the other versions in between that and Yosemite, or can I just install snow leopard, then the combo update, and then after some fiddling, Yosemite ? Can anybody point me at a post or video that answers this question ?

Many Thanks in anticipation

I dont have a movie camera but I am happy to try and make some sort of recording of events (from the noobs perspective) if it might help others who are doing their first ever Hackintosh

Have you got access to another mac for install disk preparation? if so you can go straight to Yosemite.

Ok this is my first ever Hackintosh the components are ordered and a friend is building it for free. However due to the lack of availability of someone I was hoping would be available it appears that I have to do the Mac install/hack myself. I realise there is a wealth of great sites and information out there not the least of which is Tonymacx86. I am sure I will be back for more advice and help when I get stuck if it's ok to ask for help. However I have a couple of questions now if anybody is free to answer .

If I want to end up with the latest version of mac osx Yosemite 10.10 I believe, am I right in thinking that I have to install Snow leopard first, and then all of the other versions in between that and Yosemite, or can I just install snow leopard, then the combo update, and then after some fiddling, Yosemite ? Can anybody point me at a post or video that answers this question ?

Many Thanks in anticipation

I dont have a movie camera but I am happy to try and make some sort of recording of events (from the noobs perspective) if it might help others who are doing their first ever Hackintosh

Welcome to the forum. And the best place to start is this thread as it attempts to get you started down the correct path: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

And to answer your question, once you have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed you will be able to download the current version of OS X (Yosemite 10.10.n) and create the installer using Unibeast.

Good modding,
neil

Yes I have another mac, the one I am using now however disk drive is dead so I'll take the second option to install snow leopard first, theres a few good videos explaining the process. Thank you both for your kind responses. Very much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back