Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, so im looking at building a hackintosh.
Im semi tech savvy but nothing crazy. I was reading the buying guide, and i was just wondering if the
CustoMac Pro build was compatible with OSX 10.7 ? My current macbook pro is running that OS and i was planning on cloning my SSD to the new SSD so that i dont have to reinstall hundreds of VSTS and Audio Units (i will be using this as a studio computer, i make electronic music)

Im going to post the parts i was looking at using, I've never built a computer and I've never built a hackintosh. So i'm really looking for guidance to make sure that i'm getting all the right parts, and for some suggestions.

Like for example, recommendations of products that are better for cheaper/the same price.
Also i'm looking for a case that runs very quiet, if the current one i have doesn't. Could you recommend a new one.. ?

Also do i need that advanced of a graphics card.. ? I don't plan on gaming on it or doing any photo/ video work. Everything is going to be audio. I don't know very much about graphics cards, they never have been a huge factor when i've looked at computers (for audio production)
All i really need out of the graphics card is for it to have 2 hdmi/dvi outputs, aside from that i dont really know

As far as the hard drives go, i was planning on either
A. Running a raid configuration
or
B. Using the SSD as a boot drive, and using the Raptor as extra storage for audio files and such.
Any thoughts on which one would yield the best result?
Also, are the Drives that i picked out compatible.. ?

Also my lastly, i read about the Motherboard, it doesn't seem to have a firewire port.. ?
I need one, and i noticed that it had pci-e expansion slots, does this mean i can add one into the set up.. ?
How would i go about doing that...?

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Z97
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)
Crucial M500 240GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive(1)
Western Digital Raptor 160GB SATA/300 10,000RPM 16MB Hard Drive (3)
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3-1600 1.35V UDIMM 240-Pin Memory Modules
Corsair Carbide Series Black 500R Mid Tower Computer Case
Corsair RM Series 650 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express

Thank you for taking the time to read this/ answer. I appreciate it.
Im not sure if this was an inapprtiate place to post this/ if it has been answered.
I did some searches, but my questions were pretty specific and i couldn't find anything.

Hey guys, so im looking at building a hackintosh.
Im semi tech savvy but nothing crazy. I was reading the buying guide, and i was just wondering if the
CustoMac Pro build was compatible with OSX 10.7 ?
Socket 1366, 1156 or 1155 will run everything back to 10.6.0. This is basically 5 and 6 series chipsets.
Socket 1155 7 series will run 10.7.5 and later, socket 1150 8 series will run 10.8.5 and later.
Socket 1150 9 series will run 10.8.5 and later.

Awesome ! Thank you, So really the only thing that matters is the motherboard...?
Do all the other parts look to be in order..?

This is a generational thing.

You have placed a restraint on your proposed system of having to run 10.7 which is down revision from the parts that you selected.

The current processors will not fit into the old motherboards. And the current processors and motherboards are not supported in OS X 10.7.

Your best of all worlds would be to upgrade you current environment to Mavericks of Yosemite and then build a current technology hackintosh.

This is probably clear as mud...

Good modding,
neil

Thank you for the advice..!
Thats the route i'll take then, if i upgrade to 10.10. Would all the parts i have selected work together.. ?

Thank you for the advice..!
Thats the route i'll take then, if i upgrade to 10.10. Would all the parts i have selected work together.. ?

Parts will work with 10.10 Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back