Contribute
Register

noob here. looking for some info about future macosX updates (mountain lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

i just joined this community and im all over the place looking and doing research for building my first hackintosh.

Im a mac lover, but not so much into messing around with things i dont fully understand, so i was looking for 2012 tonymacx86 IVY BRIDGE CUSTOMAC PRO BUILD:

All components are from this website list, i dont want to mess around except for the hard drives

• intel i7 (not sure about 3770"k" "or not k")
  • gigabit mb:GA-Z77X-UD5H or GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (i belive im not going to use thunderbolt that much)
  • GeForce GTX 660 Ti (from the ones of list, im going for the middle price)
  • 2 hdd: solid and regular (Not sure how to manage with both of them in the installation and stuff, but i will do more research)
  • All the rest, corsair component recommended
  • no wifi card, coz im trying to reduce budget and the one recomended seems expensive on amazon.es
  • Mountain Lion

So my question is... After all the proper installation, would i be able to use it as an
"out o the box Apple computer"?

with all that i mean... forgeting about future automatic software updates from mountain lion, or any other app, that might pop out in the near future.

This computer will be for my GF, and she has no idea about computers. I want a "rock solid" awesome and stable hackintosh computer for her to edit video flawesly. This forum its really great, but i wouldnt like to be checking this page constantly any time an update appears.

Sorry for making the post too long :/ Really appreciate your help. sorry for my english too.

Hello,

i just joined this community and im all over the place looking and doing research for building my first hackintosh.

Im a mac lover, but not so much into messing around with things i dont fully understand, so i was looking for 2012 tonymacx86 IVY BRIDGE CUSTOMAC PRO BUILD:

All components are from this website list, i dont want to mess around except for the hard drives

• intel i7 (not sure about 3770"k" "or not k")
  • gigabit mb:GA-Z77X-UD5H or GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (i belive im not going to use thunderbolt that much)
  • GeForce GTX 660 Ti (from the ones of list, im going for the middle price)
  • 2 hdd: solid and regular (Not sure how to manage with both of them in the installation and stuff, but i will do more research)
  • All the rest, corsair component recommended
  • no wifi card, coz im trying to reduce budget and the one recomended seems expensive on amazon.es
  • Mountain Lion

So my question is... After all the proper installation, would i be able to use it as an
"out o the box Apple computer"?

with all that i mean... forgeting about future automatic software updates from mountain lion, or any other app, that might pop out in the near future.

This computer will be for my GF, and she has no idea about computers. I want a "rock solid" awesome and stable hackintosh computer for her to edit video flawesly. This forum its really great, but i wouldnt like to be checking this page constantly any time an update appears.

Sorry for making the post too long :/ Really appreciate your help. sorry for my english too.

Then buy a real Mac if you don't want to worry about updates and patching your system.

thank you very much for your answer. I've got to say that my low budget doesnt allow me to buy an apple branded computer for editing video comfortably.

Im not very sure about what you meant with your answer, but i would assume that no automatic update from snow leopard or any app its safe or, at least, stable.

Thanks for your time, i really appreciate your answer.

thank you very much for your answer. I've got to say that my low budget doesnt allow me to buy an apple branded computer for editing video comfortably.

Im not very sure about what you meant with your answer, but i would assume that no automatic update from snow leopard or any app its safe or, at least, stable.

Well, if you build a stable CustoMac and don't need to update, then leave it at the version that you have it at. If you really need to run updates then there is no choice but to check compatibility. That is why I said to buy a real Mac so that you don't have to worry.

Well, if you build a stable CustoMac and don't need to update, then leave it at the version that you have it at. If you really need to run updates then there is no choice but to check compatibility. That is why I said to buy a real Mac so that you don't have to worry.

Hi, I am also a big time NOOB to this and I was wondering if what you mean to say is that we should NOT update using the standard Mac OS X software update, or do you mean that anytime we want to update we should look for compatibility lists in the forums? I ask this because I updated thinking it would help with my lack of audio issue, but it didn't... I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question, but I believe that there are NO stupid questions - so here I am :)

I have:
Intel Core i3-3225 CPU
Gigabyte 7ZZN- WiFi Motherboard
8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back