Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
Intel 2089
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I have been on here for some time and have finally sat down today and forced myself to get osx installed on my system.

I am having a few difficulties though as this is not only the first time I have used OSX but also the first time I have tried to get it running on my setup..

Heres an overview of my hardware firstly..

AMD/ATI Radeon HD6600
Intel i3 2130 Sandybridge F8
12GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Right, I already have windows7 installed on a 128gb SSD, and have set up a 250gb 7200 sata drive in an external docking station for use with OSX. I was unsure if it would install to this but it seems to have installed fine. I also have several other hard drives inside the tower, x2 1tb drives and a 2tb drive.. I have got Mountain lion installed via legit CD, I used the Ivybridge Iboot to get it up and running after about 3 hours of kernel panics and using the incorrect Iboot!

seems to be working fine now from my 3 1/2" sata drive mounted to my external dock.. I can also get it to boot into Snow Leopard by running the ivybridge Iboot disk first.

I have ran multibeast and applied the following settings..

EasyBeast

Drivers & bootloaders/audio/realtek alc8xx/without dsdt/alc887/888b

themes/tonymacx86 remix

I have also ran the ALXethernet kext with Kextbeast by dragging the files and folders to the desktop then running kext beast..

once I had done this I ran the Update Helper then rebooted.

I couldnt get the system to boot into osx even with pressing f12 at the boot screen on bios to allow me to select the drive I had installed snow leopard to.. so, I again used the ivy bridge Iboot disk, booted into snow leopard and then i ran the 10.6.8 combo update, this installed fine without any panics.

I rebooted again and still couldnt get it to boot on its own into osx.. I loaded up again using iboot and I dont seem to be getting anywhere.. I still dont have networking, or sound for that matter.

I cannot find a kext for my Radeon HD6600 graphics card either.

So im stuck..

Im sorta half way there, but I am unable to get it to boot on its own and I still dont have the graphics/audio/internet working as I want.

if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I started all this at 10am, its now 8pm and im out of ideas! lol

Many thanks guys.

Ell'

You need to use multibeast, which is a post-installation tool that installs of the drivers needed to get everything up and running. There's a guide on this in the articles section.

Hey thanks for the reply,
When u say install multibeast how do u mean?

I dropped it on a disk and ran it from within SL.
Is that not the same thing or am i missing a step?

Any advice is helpful, thanks again.

Ell'

*bump*

Anyone got any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back