Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i7
CPU
none
Graphics
MSI 5700XT Gaming X
Alright, so this is my first hackintosh build. I managed to get a MSI 5700XT Gaming X for a fair price so I was going to build from there, that is, if this gpu is not going to cause me to many troubles..? This build is for a recording setup, and will be needing the Thunderbolt 3 capabilities. For this reason, i planned on getting the Vision D from Gigabyte. My case is also already purchased.. Fractal Meshify 2. From there i'm somewhat up in the air. If anyone has suggestions on what would be the most compatible parts to order from this point, or perhaps, if best, could potentially sell the 5700 and get a gpu to work with the rest of the build. Any help or advice/insight is suuper appreciated

Alright, so this is my first hackintosh build. I managed to get a MSI 5700XT Gaming X for a fair price so I was going to build from there, that is, if this gpu is not going to cause me to many troubles..? This build is for a recording setup, and will be needing the Thunderbolt 3 capabilities. For this reason, i planned on getting the Vision D from Gigabyte. My case is also already purchased.. Fractal Meshify 2. From there i'm somewhat up in the air. If anyone has suggestions on what would be the most compatible parts to order from this point, or perhaps, if best, could potentially sell the 5700 and get a gpu to work with the rest of the build. Any help or advice/insight is suuper appreciated
Since i left this off.. looking for a higher end build. i9, 10th gen preferably if the prices dip with the new releases. Other option would be going B550 vision D + ryzen but not sure which combo is ideal.

Last edited:
Alright, so this is my first hackintosh build. I managed to get a MSI 5700XT Gaming X for a fair price so I was going to build from there, that is, if this gpu is not going to cause me to many troubles..? This build is for a recording setup, and will be needing the Thunderbolt 3 capabilities. For this reason, i planned on getting the Vision D from Gigabyte. My case is also already purchased.. Fractal Meshify 2. From there i'm somewhat up in the air. If anyone has suggestions on what would be the most compatible parts to order from this point, or perhaps, if best, could potentially sell the 5700 and get a gpu to work with the rest of the build. Any help or advice/insight is super appreciated
If your computer is for work I would recommend sticking with Intel. While you should be able to install MacOS on a Ryzen computer, there may be software compatibility issues as MacOS is designed for Intel and not AMD processors.

Your RX 5700 XT is supported on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur and so if you plan to install one of these two the card should work.

Would i be okay getting any brand ddr4 ram? I've seen in the past people leaning towards G.Skill. However, there are ripjaws, trident z.. etc

Would i be okay getting any brand ddr4 ram? I've seen in the past people leaning towards G.Skill. However, there are ripjaws, trident z.. etc
Yes, as long as the RAM works with your motherboard. I use Kingston DDR4 RAM myself with my first 3 systems.

If your computer is for work I would recommend sticking with Intel. While you should be able to install MacOS on a Ryzen computer, there may be software compatibility issues as MacOS is designed for Intel and not AMD processors.

Your RX 5700 XT is supported on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur and so if you plan to install one of these two the card should work.

Yes, as long as the RAM works with your motherboard. I use Kingston DDR4 RAM myself with my first 3 systems.
Thank you for the quick responses! Here's an update since I was lucky enough to find some open box deals at Microcenter yesterday.

- 5700xt MSI
- i9-10900k
- 128gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3200

In Amazon Cart:
Vision D
Samsung 860 Evo M.2 1tb
Noctua NH-U9S

This was actually the PSU I was looking for..
PSU ? It's a CPU cooler. One of the best values in the whole Noctua lineup. Their fans are quiet and last seemingly forever so it's a good 60 dollar investment.

just couldn't remember the brand/model

For a 10900K it's better to move up to the U12S. That's a 10 core CPU and can get pretty hot. A bigger 120mm fan is helpful. The price is the same on Amazon. $59.95. Why not ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C9EYVGY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

PSU ? It's a CPU cooler. One of the best values in the whole Noctua lineup. Their fans are quiet and last seemingly forever so it's a good 60 dollar investment.
My bad •cpu fan• Do you have a PSU you prefer? Looking at the Corsair RM750x and the Seasonic Prime TX-850. Guessing power supplies are pretty straight forward even in the hackOs world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back