Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello,

I'm attempting my first hackintosh installation with the following:

Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Bios Version F23i
2 - NVMe Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512GB
EVGA Geforce 970 Video Card

Entered bios and loaded optimized defaults. Set X.M.P. Memory profile to profile 1 and cpu VT-d disabled.

When booting mojave unibeast up with verbose mode on it gets to the part about NVMe and doesn't go any further. See the attached picture, sorry if you can't see the entire screen since this monitor is a little large.

Attachments

• 2019-01-11 16.32.50.jpg
    2019-01-11 16.32.50.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 101
  • 2019-01-11 16.32.50.jpg
    2019-01-11 16.32.50.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 87
Hello,

Entered bios and loaded optimized defaults. Set X.M.P. Memory profile to profile 1 and cpu VT-d disabled.

When booting mojave unibeast up with verbose mode on it gets to the part about NVMe and doesn't go any further. See the attached picture, sorry if you can't see the entire screen since this monitor is a little large.

Try installing High Sierra formatted HFS+ and then upgrading to Mojave. If you have trouble getting it to run properly PM me and I can share my config. Alternately you can install on a regular SSD and clone to the 950

Any reasonably modern Nvidia card doesn't work in Mojave, so you'll have to remove it and install on integrated graphics. (Or just stick with High Sierra.)

If removing the Nvidia card alone doesn't stop the freeze, also check whether your BIOS lets you disable Cfg Lock and enable XHCI Handoff.

Hello,

I just noticed you have an Nvidia Gpu. There are currently no drivers for Nvidia cards for Mojave. Install High Sierra and wait for drivers or switch card to AMD Radeon from the apple supported list to run Mojave with working graphics acceleration.

What AMD would work best for Mojave?

I will give High Sierra a try with my current video.

So this morning I tried installing High Sierra and it gets stuck at the same spot. I will try removing my video card and see if that helps.

So this morning I tried installing High Sierra and it gets stuck at the same spot. I will try removing my video card and see if that helps.
No Computer can work and no one can properly advice troubleshoot without knowing CPU used. This important hardware SPEC is missing in OP's Post Title, current Profile, body of first post at #1, or Signature.

Attachments

• 1.Profile.png
    1.Profile.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back