i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everybody,
I've already installed Mac os Sierra on my laptop and for enable the sound i have applied the tutorial in this video:
so i patch my DSDT & i have succeeded in this but when i put headphones into laptop there is annoying noise and i can not hear anything, can anybody help me?
my laptop specifications:
acer ES1-571-53H7
i5-4200U
HD 4400
ALC255
(sorry for my english)

Hello everybody,
I've already installed Mac os Sierra on my laptop and for enable the sound i have applied the tutorial in this video:
so i patch my DSDT & i have succeeded in this but when i put headphones into laptop there is annoying noise and i can not hear anything, can anybody help me?
my laptop specifications:
acer ES1-571-53H7
i5-4200U
HD 4400
ALC255
(sorry for my english)

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Did you fix it ? i'm having the same issue
Edit : Just got it fixed by installing the latest RehabMan CodecCommander, you can download it from the release page here : https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
Yes, I did, But remains the same problem... I use this temporary solution: copy and paste this tow lines in terminal:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25
hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83

Thank you for your help

Yes, I did, But remains the same problem... I use this temporary solution: copy and paste this tow lines in terminal:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25
hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83

Thank you for your help
You're welcome, here is the full fix that helped me to get mine working if you like to try it, but don't replace the included config.plist with your existing one as it contains only the audio patchs, you must instead open it with plist editor and drag and drop the patchs it contains one by one to your config.plist in the section that it matches, & don't forget to backup your current files.

Attachments

• My ALC255 Fix .zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 675
Last edited:
You're welcome, here is the full fix that helped me to get mine working if you like to try it, but don't replace the included config.plist with your existing one as it contains only the audio patchs, you must instead open it with plist editor and drag and drop the patchs it contains one by one to your config.plist in the section that it matches, & don't forget to backup your current files.
I opened your config.plist with the clover configurator..The same patchs exists except for the comment..Do I have to move the comment only? And what about your kexts, do I install it?

I uploaded my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 189
maystro31 You are Algerian like me hahahaha (wahrani)

I opened your config.plist with the clover configurator..The same patchs exists except for the comment..Do I have to move the comment only? And what about your kexts, do I install it?
Yes, there are 5 kexts which have to be installed using kext utility, while the file "hda-verb" has to be moved to your "usr/bin" which is a hidden folder located on the main disk where OSX is installed, therefore you have to force your "finder" to unhide it (if you haven't already) by inserting those two commands on terminal one by one:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

I uploaded my config.plist
i'll get a look on that later as i broke my HighSierra installation and i am using Windows currently, until then i suggest you delete the patchs already existing and take them from my file as you never know maybe you're missing a small change between the two.

maystro31 You are Algerian like me hahahaha (wahrani)
Nice ! happy to here that, i'm wahrani too, Ain-Turk precisely ;)

Last edited:
Yes, there are 5 kexts which have to be installed using kext utility, while the file "hda-verb" has to be moved to your "usr/bin" which is a hidden folder located on the main disk where OSX is installed, therefore you have to force your "finder" to unhide it (if you haven't already) by inserting those two commands on terminal one by one:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

i'll get a look on that later as i broke my HighSierra installation and i am using Windows currently, until then i suggest you delete the patchs already existing and take them from my file as you never know maybe you're missing a small change between the two.

Nice ! happy to here that, i'm wahrani too, Ain-Turk precisely ;)
But you are using High-Sierra and I use Sierra, it's different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back