Register

Noctua NH-D15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm planning to use a laserhive on a z170xp ski motherboard inside my g5, but I'm no sure I have enough clearance to put an NH-D15 as a cooler, has anyone done this ?

And, did the NH-D15 fit? (He asks years later... :D)

Once the motherboard is bolted in place, put a piece of masking tape from top to bottom of the case making sure you go straight over the cpu socket placement. You then have to measure the length between theses two points. The result you will have will give you the max cooler height that can fit in your porject.

Once the motherboard is bolted in place, put a piece of masking tape from top to bottom of the case making sure you go straight over the cpu socket placement. You then have to measure the length between theses two points. The result you will have will give you the max cooler height that can fit in your porject.
Thank you for the reply.
I asked the question because I don't have the laserhive kit yet... I would like to know this before buying it.

My bequiet dark rock pro 4 barely fits (scuffs some of the paint off) and that has a height of 162.8mm, the nh-d15 has a height of 165mm so it might barely fit, but also scuff it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back