Contribute
Register

No wifi symbol at setup stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another way to install besides recovery?

Use the Guide in @Feartech 's signature to build a new USB installer using gibMacOS.

You should be able to install without Internet, but if not put the Intel wireless kext in the EFI folder too.

:)

Use the Guide in @Feartech 's signature to build a new USB installer using gibMacOS.

You should be able to install without Internet, but if not put the Intel wireless kext in the EFI folder too.

I did use gibMacOS for making my boot drive and add the the kext too

the windows guide can only make a recovery installer, it will need a working internet connection by either working lan or working wifi, not sure if intel wifi works under recovery?

the windows guide can only make a recovery installer, it will need a working internet connection by either working lan or working wifi, not sure if intel wifi works under recovery?

Good point.

No, there is no native Intel wireless support at all, but my thinking was you can use OpenCore to boot Recovery and that should inject the itlwm.kext needed to give a connection?

If not, my bad. Sorry. And apologies to the OP.

:thumbup:

Good point.

No, there is no native Intel wireless support at all, but my thinking was you can use OpenCore to boot Recovery and that should inject the itlwm.kext needed to give a connection?

If not, my bad. Sorry. And apologies to the OP.

:thumbup:
not sure, not used intel wifi at all :)

but i think you add in the info to the kext for the wifi to work? if so then it may work in recovery

not sure, not used intel wifi at all :)

but i think you add in the info to the kext for the wifi to work? if so then it may work in recovery

Yes, correct. You edit in your SSID and password to the info.plist and it should work. However, I haven't tried a fresh install this way so it would be useful to learn if it does actually work. Can't see why not ... unless it has to be Broadcom for some reason.

Yes, correct. You edit in your SSID and password to the info.plist and it should work. However, I haven't tried a fresh install this way so it would be useful to learn if it does actually work. Can't see why not ... unless it has to be Broadcom for some reason.

maybe @SambathRous can test this.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back