Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone yesterday I installed mountain lion 10.8.3 on my probook 4530s using unibeast. I am experiencing issues with wifi, sound & battery icon. No wifi is detected. wifi button colour stays white. I had applied the Atheros patch in probook installer 6.1 beta 5 but no luck. I didn't patch my own dsdt rather I used the options in installer. also there is a cross at battery icon. Camera, Bluetooth & memory card reader are working fine. My BIOS version is F09. What would you suggest me to do. Regards

Hi everyone yesterday I installed mountain lion 10.8.3 on my probook 4530s using unibeast. I am experiencing issues with wifi, sound & battery icon. No wifi is detected. wifi button colour stays white. I had applied the Atheros patch in probook installer 6.1 beta 5 but no luck. I didn't patch my own dsdt rather I used the options in installer. also there is a cross at battery icon. Camera, Bluetooth & memory card reader are working fine. My BIOS version is F09. What would you suggest me to do. Regards

Check in your /Extra to see if you have an /Extra/dsdt.aml.
If not, post your /var/log/install.log.
Also, do this in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
bdmesg>~/Desktop/bdmesg.txt

It has been a while since the patches were tested on F09. Maybe there is a problem there. That BIOS is very old, you should consider an update anyway.

In addition, you are posting in the Lion forum for an ML install... I will move this thread after your next reply...

Thank You Rehabman for replying me.

I did as you instructed & as you suspected there is no dsdt.aml file in /Extra. I am sending the attachment below.

screenshot1.png

I tried to get /var/log/install.log file but it is saying permission denied. I tried to change permissions using terminal command but no luck. I have not much knowledge of using terminal.

I am attaching bdmesg file below.
View attachment bdmesg.pdf
View attachment bdmesg.pdf

Which bios version would you have me to update. F40 or previous ones?

Thank You Rehabman for replying me.

I did as you instructed & as you suspected there is no dsdt.aml file in /Extra. I am sending the attachment below.

View attachment 52734

I tried to get /var/log/install.log file but it is saying permission denied. I tried to change permissions using terminal command but no luck. I have not much knowledge of using terminal.

I am attaching bdmesg file below.
View attachment 52733
View attachment 52733

Which bios version would you have me to update. F40 or previous ones?

You should have permissions to access install.log

Do this in Terminal:
Code:
cat /var/log/install.log >~/Desktop/install.log

If that doesn't work try:
Code:
sudo cat /var/log/install.log >~/Desktop/install.log

Then compress install.log on your desktop then post it.

Also it might be interesting to see your DSDT (before you update BIOS, just in case that is causing an issue):
Code:
ioreg -rd1 -c AppleACPIPlatformExpert | grep -oE 'DSDT"=<[0-9a-f]+' | tail -c +8 | xxd -r -p >~/Desktop/dsdt.aml

Again, compress dsdt.aml and post it.

And it would also be interesting to know what exact DSDT options you are selecting in ProBook Installer v6.1.

Tank you Rehabman for replying.

I don't know how to say this to you but the fact is instaead of waiting for your next reply to come in the desperation i screwed my osx setup by patching it by a dsdst.aml file intended for F09 from multibeast which i downloaded from hp probook installer page(old dsdt) & now i am unable to boot into osx. Chimera screen comes i select MACINTOSH and it gets rebooted. I should have waited for your reply.

I also updated my bios version to F40. After installing osx i had installed win8 which i can boot well into but not into osx.

I had chosen the option of 4x30s from the dsdt option & other options including chimera, Brightness fix & third party fix.

Is there any solution to get back into MACINTOSH or i wil have to start it over again if u suggest, i have no problem in formatting my hard disk again.

Will do whatever you command
Regards.

Tank you Rehabman for replying.

I don't know how to say this to you but the fact is instaead of waiting for your next reply to come in the desperation i screwed my osx setup by patching it by a dsdst.aml file intended for F09 from multibeast which i downloaded from hp probook installer page(old dsdt) & now i am unable to boot into osx. Chimera screen comes i select MACINTOSH and it gets rebooted. I should have waited for your reply.

I also updated my bios version to F40. After installing osx i had installed win8 which i can boot well into but not into osx.

I had chosen the option of 4x30s from the dsdt option & other options including chimera, Brightness fix & third party fix.

Is there any solution to get back into MACINTOSH or i wil have to start it over again if u suggest, i have no problem in formatting my hard disk again.

Will do whatever you command
Regards.

You should probably start over at this point. There's a lot of damage you can do with Multibeast and that is why we have the ProBook Installer.

And take screen shots of the options you are selecting in the ProBook Installer or at least write them down in detail. The information you provide above is not enough.

Thank You Rehabman for replying.

I did exactly as you instructed. I installed osx 10.8.3 from scratch. I am here attaching files related to my new installation.

Install.log View attachment install.log

bdmesg View attachment bdmesg1.pdf

dsdt.aml file View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

error message when i run the command ioreg -rd1 -c AppleACPIPlatformExpert | grep -oE 'DSDT"=<[0-9a-f]+' | tail -c +8 | xxd -r -p >~/Desktop/dsdt.aml

dsdt1.png

Screenshot of chosen option in installer

installer.jpg

below there in the above screenshot there is only one option 25% brightness fix i had chosen.

there is no dsdt file in extra. here is the screenshot

Extra.png

I am still having those same issues. Please guide me what to do next.

Regards.

Thank You Rehabman for replying.

I did exactly as you instructed. I installed osx 10.8.3 from scratch. I am here attaching files related to my new installation.

Install.log View attachment 52927

bdmesg View attachment 52928

dsdt.aml file View attachment 52929

error message when i run the command ioreg -rd1 -c AppleACPIPlatformExpert | grep -oE 'DSDT"=<[0-9a-f]+' | tail -c +8 | xxd -r -p >~/Desktop/dsdt.aml

View attachment 52933

Screenshot of chosen option in installer

View attachment 52935

below there in the above screenshot there is only one option 25% brightness fix i had chosen.

there is no dsdt file in extra. here is the screenshot

View attachment 52936

I am still having those same issues. Please guide me what to do next.

Regards.

You didn't select enough of the DSDT options in the ProBook Installer v6.1 to generate a DSDT. Please read philip_petev's post #1 for ProBook Installer v6.1 carefully. He describes the requirements for automatic DSDT patching quite clearly.

You have placed extra spaces in your command to generate DSDT ("tail -c +8" not "tail - c +8"). Either type it *exactly* or use copy/paste.

Thank you Rehabman for your valuable reply.

I read the philip_petev's post & realized that my homework was incomplete.

I chose the three consecutive options in the sections & checked the /Extra &amp; yes it did create a dsdt.aml file but when i restarted i couldn't boot into osx & it hanged after apple logo showing white screen.

Later i booted with DSDT=No & deleted the dsdt.aml & re-run the installer with same three options & now i got my battery issue fixed
it is now showing the battery status.

But wifi & sound are still not working.

I am attaching files.

Screenshot of installer View attachment installer.tiff

bdmesg ;View attachment bdmesg.pdf

dsdtaml compressed file by running your command View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

One more issue which i wish to mention, i don't know may be that related to above problems.
At the time of installing i had made two more partitions both with MSDOS(FAT) using disk utility. Later i installed windows 8 on one of them, &amp; kept other one for common access by both OS.
Now whenever i write some files on that partition from mac i can't see those files inside windows but reverse is exactly fine.

I thank you once again for your replies.

Looking forward for your further instructions
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back