Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My wifi has stopped working after installing catalina.

I've tried installing lilu, AirportBRCMfixup and editing config.plist as suggested here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-my-wifi-any-suggestions.284989/post-2016269

I've also tried installing the atheros40.kext installer but having various issues with that - I can't install from catalina partition as it complains about being read only. So I installed from a mojave partition onto the catalina drive and fixex permissions, but it hasn't helped.

I also followed a guide for hackintool and it looks like my card is probably unsupportted by AirportBRCMFicup as its not listed in the info.plist. (Its a AR93xx card, vendor id 0x168C, Device 0x0030)

Is there any way to get this card working - or will I need to get a new wifi card for catalina? Any suggestions on what is the most compatible card if so..

many thanks!

I'm having the same problem since installing Catalina. I have a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter. It's worked flawlessly since Yosemite thru Mohave. But Catalina won't detect it. There is no WiFi choice in System Preferences/Network.

System Info only states this:
Software Versions:
CoreWLAN: 13.0 ((null))
CoreWLANKit: 13.0 ((null))
Menu Extra: 13.0 ((null))
System Information: 12.0 (1355)
IO80211 Family: 12.0 (1200.12.2b1)
Diagnostics: 1.0 (910)
AirPort Utility: Not Installed

I've tried this solution linked by OP and it screwed with booting into Catalina and Mojave. System freezes after you choose a Mac OS drive. Screen only shows white Apple logo over a black background.

mhjeff;
use this for wdn4800, must disable sip.

had same issue with my wdn4800. quite simple fix for me, by placing atheros40.kext and IO80211Family.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other

After reading post #3 and #4,
It worked perfectly on Atheros AR9280, Catalina 10.15.2.
Got some errors when using the app v2, so instead "open" it and copied the kexts from inside to Clover v.5100 "other" folder, and restarted. That´s all.

I have a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
Old thread, you might have solved your issue.
I have the same wifi card and my Sys Info is showing the same as yours, did you manage to get the card working in Catalina? If yes, how?
Thanks

I just replaced WDN-4800 with Fenvi T919 card, Works OOB and AirDrop available in finder

I just replaced WDN-4800 with Fenvi T919 card, Works OOB and AirDrop available in finder
Oh well, I was hoping you found a way... thanks anyway

there is a IO8021family.kext from high Sierra that has a airport.....40.kext in it

With sip set to allow unsigned kexts etc I placed that airport kext into the plugins folder of IO80211Family.kext that’s part of Catalina in /S/L/E it’s not a hackintosh kext it just from older OS
the Older Io80211 kext I found on herethere a reason Apple dropped support for that hardware
I never had airdrop that I know of
The fenvi t919 card has it plus Bluetooth

in the US average wifi card that works with macOS about $30 or more, Bluetooth adapter $15-$20 let’s say $50 for both I paid $55 for the fenvi t919 and about $12 in tax and faster shipping

it works out of the box with macOS
Windows I had to plug in network cable so it could download drivers for both WiFi and Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back