12. Plus
  13. Power Mac
  14. PowerBook
  15. Quadra
  16. SE
  17. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had a BCM4360-based PCI card installed for several years. It worked perfectly under High Sierra and Mojave but after upgrading to Catalina it's a No-go. Wifi shows up in the menu bar and in the Network system pref. It even shows as "on," but it won't turn off and it doesn't detect any networks. Hackintool shows it properly under the PCI listings. Any help would be appreciated.

Nope... and no replies, other than yours either. :|

I should add that my RX 570 wasn't working either, but all of a sudden it started working. Don't know why.

i seem to be having a similar problem. i have a fenvi T919 that i bought fairly recently, but was working perfectly, wifi and bluetooth, in mojave. then i upgrade directly from mojave to 10.15.1.
  • at first, i had the black screen problem. i switched over to the intel graphics, updated the lilu and whatevergreen kexts, and amd graphics are back working.
  • then i had no audio. after updating the applealc kext, sounds works.
  • however, this whole time, i can't get wifi to work. bluetooth works, but no wifi. i tried following the steps here. i also tried following all the directions here. still no wifi.
i'm at a loss. can anyone help?

Last edited:
after d!cking around with it a bunch more, i FINALLY got my wifi to work.

in case this helps any of you, i'd installed then ultimately took out a ton of broadcom fix kexts and removed all of the related broadcom edits i'd made to my config file — mostly the stuff i linked to in my prior post. after unsuccessfully barking up those trees, i concluded that it should really just be working out of the box, so these "fixes" weren't relevant to me.

i then started combing through my kexts (in my EFI and S/E folders). right after i deleted a IO80211Family.kext from my S/E folder and restarted my computer, the wifi finally kicked back on. i was almost at the end of my rope, but by some miracle this worked. from what i could tell, that particular kext was associated to wifi, perhaps when i had a TP-LINK WN951N wireless card before. so i guess that may have become conflicting with the catalina update.

good luck to you, and hopefully this can help someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back