Contribute
Register

No Wake from Sleep After 10.7.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the patched next didn't work, I'm totally at a loss to this now :(

So i found a solution for another motherboard and i tried it on mine and it worked. So it has to do with always enabling the onboard video card. Yo in the BIOS you change the enable onboard when PEG etc.. to always enable and it fixed my sleep issue!!! Let me know if this works for you guys

I don't have onboard graphics, I'll check my BIOS card settings when I get a chance and report back.

sassank said:
I have the same problem I have a z68AP-D3 with the new DSDT and new FD bios. I5-2500k goes to sleep fine but when i wake it screen is blank and nothing is working my usb powered mouse doesn't even show the red lazer on. Also one thing i noticed is the reset button doesn't work its like the motherboard freezes.

Yes, it's very strange. I have two different mobo's to play with. Both are Asus which this site does not especially support. My P5QC goes to sleep very nicely and even wakes up if I do not have "extra" USB devices connected. P8Z68-V Pro3/Gen3 does not go to real sleep (only the monitor gets black), but it wakes up with kb or mouse. I also had problems installing the Lion 10.7.4 and the problem was with the USB ports. I would say that all my problems including the sleep/wake-up things are somehow related to Usb. Even the boot-up time depends on what I have connected to Usb (it's very noticeable as I have SSD as boot disk).
--JRII

I've still not been able to fix this in anyway, are there any updates on the issue? I've read the general sleep thread and I can't see anything in there that will fix it.

OK, I've upgraded to a new non-DSDT UEFI install and sleep still fails spectacularly.

I kinda feel I'm talking to myself here, can anyone help at all? This has been driving me made for months now!

So I've just installed Windows 7 out of desperation and sleep is greyed out, this is a turn up for the books, what's going on?

I'm so close to throwing this thing out of the window

Right, it was because the graphic card driver wasn't installed.

Sleep is working perfectly in W7 so what the **** is going on? Is there anything I can look at to diagnose this, someone please help me.

OK, tried AppleRTC.kext which got sleep working but disabled sound and network!!

//puls out hair

Reinstall audio using the Non-DSDT kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back