Contribute
Register

No voodooHDA Devices Detected. No audio at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z87-HD3 s1150
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770 3.4ghz 8M LGA1150
Graphics
Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all I have to say that I 'm really noob at this. This is my first time building a hackintosh and I'm a little bit lost.

I've managed to install everything fine, but the sound... That's still not working. I've been reading loads of posts this days but I still can't managed how to solve it. All I get is that "No VoodooHDA Devices Detected" error and actually if I go inside preferences/hardware/audio it shows No input/output devices found.

My spec:

i7 4770
16gb ddr3 1600
Gigabyte z87-HD3 s1150
Geforce GTX 660

I've been trying all what I've red but there's no way I can fix the sound. :banghead:

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

btw I'm using MountainLion

Voodoo was the wrong choice. Remove all Voodoo or clean install. See ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting. For MultiBeast, see tonymacx86 - GuideBeast - tonymacx86.com

So, as you said that was the problem. After that day I kept having problems with my hack. Sometimes a white screen, sometimes only started in safe mode...

In the end all I had to do was a clean install and use Multibeast/drivers/audio/realtek/withoutDSDT/ALC892

After that everything is fine (just add the GraphicsEnabler=No flag) but the sound is really low (I still have to try with different speakers) but at least it works.

Thank you very much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back