Graphics
GTX 760 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had my system up and running again last night, but when I started it today, it decides it doesn't like me again. When booting, I see the progress bar, and just when it would normally go to the desktop, the video signal is cut. The HDD light seems as if it is running normally, just no video. On board video doesn't seem to work either. I can boot using nv_disable=1, but the video settings aren't even close and I even have some mouse and keyboard issues. I'm not finding the solution I need.

I had zero issues with Yosemite and Chimera. There shouldn't be much of a learning curve switching to El Capitan and Clover. What did I miss?

1. Download the Clover Config Tool
2. Mount your EFI Partition
3. In your EFI Partition open CLOVER/config.plist with the config tool.
4. go to SMBIOS and click the magic wand, and choose iMac, you'll want Late 2013 based on your hardware (iMac14,1).
5. Generate system definitions and save

See if that works. If not, try downloading the NVIDIA alternative web drivers.

It's been a while, but it's still not working. I keep getting an error stating that the config file is on a drive that does not support permanent saving. I'm positive it's on the proper drive. It also won't save my system configuration as iMac and shows nothing after I changed it the first time.

I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers and made sure it was on NVIDIA Web drivers and not OS X. Still nothing. It has also changed my desktop image back to an older version for some reason. I'm sure it's unrelated, but weird.

In your config.plist:

PHP:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Thanks kduvernay, I'll try when I have a chance. New issues just popped up.

I tried Multibeast again to make sure I had some other items installed. Not sure what I did, but now it won't boot at all. I get a slow, but complete progress bar, but no further. I've tried verbose and single user, but neither load. Safe boot gives me a crossed out circle and no progress bar.

I'm sure I can get my SSD to boot from another computer, so I'll try to config mods there.

This issue is still not resolved, but it's likely due to other issues. I have updated my config.plist several times with different methods and no resolution. Currently I cannot get the unit to boot at all on my Hackintosh hardware. I did a fresh USB install, but did not wipe my boot drive. I simply installed El Capitan over the old El Capitan. It seemed to function for a short time and allowed me to install items with Multibeast. However, after 2 restarts to install items, it no longer boots. I'll keep searching the forums to troubleshoot and resolve. Worst case scenario is that I have to wipe my boot drive and start from nothing. I can back up my files and apps, but if there's another issue involved it won't help to do that.

Resolved!!!

Stupid issue. My graphics setup didn't like that my monitor was HDMI. Once I plugged in my DVI setup, it worked just fine. I'm now running dual monitors with HDMI and DVI. On startup, it displays everything on the DVI unit even though I have set my HDMI unit to be my main monitor.

After all the imagined issues I had, it was just something simple that shouldn't have been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back