CPU
Intel® Core™ i7 4700MQ (2,40 / 3,40 GHz Turbo
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can't get video acceleration in High Sierra with Rehabman kext's FakePCIIDs (0x04128086). I always had an acceleration in
Sierra with them. I need help for HD4600 0x04168086.
I attach a photo. Regards

thump_9761692macos-sierra.jpg
thump_9761694macos-high-sierra.jpg

HD4600 desktop is native.
No need for FakePCIID/FakeID...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Unexpectedly, and by surprise, I have given the solution to the QE / CI of my HD 4600 Mobile in High Sierra. Up to now and from Yosemite to Sierra used as ig.platform: 0x0a260006 and Rehabman keke FakePCIID's.

I have got QE / CI on my HD4600 Mobile High Sierra with ig.platform: 0x0d220003 (Desktop Version) and click on Inject EDID in config.plist of clover, keeping the kequo FakePCIID's of Rehabman: 0x04168086-> fake: 0x04128086.

I hope this information is useful.
thump_9762118img20170703202042.jpg

HD4600 desktop is native.
No need for FakePCIID/FakeID...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

is it native supported?
I have some graphics glitch after full screen mode and it getting worse(all screen looks like on glitch.png) after minutes so i have to reboot ;( and now have a problem to write this post ;)

SMBIOS: iMac15,1
Board: Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB

i tried to inject intel set to "false" in clover but couldn't login without injecting.
What should i change in config.plist or which kext i should remove?

Thank you

Attachments

• AsusMaximus.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 129
  • gtx660.png
    gtx660.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 4600.png
    4600.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,457
  • glitch.png
    glitch.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,679
  • glitch2.png
    glitch2.png
    555.4 KB · Views: 1,380
  • hertz.png
    hertz.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,201
is it native supported?
I have some graphics glitch after full screen mode and it getting worse(all screen looks like on glitch.png) after minutes so i have to reboot ;( and now have a problem to write this post ;)

i tried to inject intel set to "false" in clover but couldn't login without injecting.

Thank you

I think the glitches may be from combo Nvidia+Intel.
Try with Nvidia removed.

is it native supported?

Thank you

I have the exact same hardware and am experiencing the same problems, but only since installing the 10.13 Betas. I just now installed the 10.13 GM. I am using iMac14,2 as SMBIOS. I have been looking for weeks for someone who is experiencing the same graphic artifacts and I finally found someone (you). I don't know what the solution is. I'm hoping for a new Nvidia Web Driver to see if that fixes things. My monitor is an old Apple Cinema 30" 2560x1600. The worst graphic artifacts are seen at this resolution. If I go down to 2048x1280 it's much better. I've not tried the HD4600 by itself because it doesn't interest me (not with the Nvidia 660 available). For me when the artifacts start showing up if I change the resolution it clears it right up (but only to show up later).

I have the exact same hardware and am experiencing the same problems, but only since installing the 10.13 Betas. I just now installed the 10.13 GM. I am using iMac14,2 as SMBIOS. I have been looking for weeks for someone who is experiencing the same graphic artifacts and I finally found someone (you). I don't know what the solution is. I'm hoping for a new Nvidia Web Driver to see if that fixes things. My monitor is an old Apple Cinema 30" 2560x1600. The worst graphic artifacts are seen at this resolution. If I go down to 2048x1280 it's much better. I've not tried the HD4600 by itself because it doesn't interest me (not with the Nvidia 660 available). For me when the artifacts start showing up if I change the resolution it clears it right up (but only to show up later).

hi,

I use Dell with 2560x1440.

In GM there is no problem? Do you have both cards enabled?

Funny because i decide to install from scratch 10.13 and now i have a problem to boot into installer USB ;(((

Can you upload your EFI folded? and boot flags for installer?

Thank you

ok, with
- GTX connected to DP
- "-v npci=0x2000"
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + USBInjectAll.kext + FakeSMC.kext + AppleIntelE1000e.kext

fortunately installer appeared so now installing High Sierra again ;))) ufff...

Will check "glitches" with and without GTX connected after i finished installation.

ok, so after install there are still some glitches after full screen in Safari etc...
I'll wait to final HighSierra and if it not help then i'll turn off IGPU in BIOS.

btw... fresh install fixed problems with "legacy shim 2" so now boot time takes ~10sec ;)

ok, so after install there are still some glitches after full screen in Safari etc...
I'll wait to final HighSierra and if it not help then i'll turn off IGPU in BIOS.

btw... fresh install fixed problems with "legacy shim 2" so now boot time takes ~10sec ;)

1) Still have graphics artifacts with the GM with either both cards enabled or just Nvidia. I've not tried it with just the IGPU. It seems to not be as bad with both enabled but I've stopped using both since with the HD4600 enabled I experience iTunes crashes and Safari freeze and reboot.
2) I did find however that with the beta upgrades I had to enable both cards in order to get a smooth install.
3) I am not using any boot flags.
4) I'm not sure if you were aware that there was a new BiosVersion update a couple of beta's ago. Since I am using iMac 14,2 my BiosVersion in SMBIOS is IM142.88Z.0123.B00.1708211454.
5) I am NOT using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.
6) I am using only FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext in Clover/kexts/Other

I have not found anybody else who is having this problem. It's interesting that the only two people who do have this problem (me and you) both have a Maximus VII Impact with an Nvidia 660 GTX. I don't think this is a coincidence. I'm hoping that a future Nvidia Web driver will fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back