Contribute
Register

No video acceleration Graphics Intel HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your beta version ?
I don;t see in AppStore GM candidate and now have version 17A362a.
Where is that GM version ?

I'm using these kexts because of "black screen" on iMac 15,1 - as i saw in MacTracker app that this is the best SMBIOS version for that CPU(same as real 4790K).

For GTX 660 i don;t use Nvidia WebDrivers because it's native supported so i just inject Intel(see my config.plist in post above).

Yes it's very strange but i will wait for stable release and we'll see.
It's not a problem to live without hd 4600 because GTX 660 i still better ;))) but you are right i saw that it's better to have two cards enabled while installing OS.

What is your beta version ?
I don;t see in AppStore GM candidate and now have version 17A362a.
Where is that GM version ?

I'm using these kexts because of "black screen" on iMac 15,1 - as i saw in MacTracker app that this is the best SMBIOS version for that CPU(same as real 4790K).

For GTX 660 i don;t use Nvidia WebDrivers because it's native supported so i just inject Intel(see my config.plist in post above).

Yes it's very strange but i will wait for stable release and we'll see.
It's not a problem to live without hd 4600 because GTX 660 i still better ;))) but you are right i saw that it's better to have two cards enabled while installing OS.

The correct GM version is 17A362a. You can only download it through the App Store but you have to install first the "macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg". After installation the App Store will open up with a download button. Just make sure you don't have any previous versions of the installer on your machine or it will just pull those up and you won't get a download button. I never used Nvidia Web Drivers before 10.13 but that may have to change. Hopefully Nvidia comes through with something although I've heard things to the contrary as far as support.

Attachments

• macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg.zip
    73 KB · Views: 85
We should start a new thread relating to this motherboard and graphics card. Pretty soon we're going to be asked to take this discussion elsewhere.

We should start a new thread relating to this motherboard and graphics card. Pretty soon we're going to be asked to take this discussion elsewhere.

that's right ;)

So it looks like i;m on GM 17A362a

I got High Sierra GM working on i5-3450 & GT 630, but only with Safe Mode. Without safe mode, gets stuck on a black screen, then falls into a shut down loop. In verbose, this happens:

Also, I don't have QE support with Safe Mode, but CI is supported. Any ideas?

I got a GTX660 and I got massive screen artifact, with iGPU disabled. Pain in the ass to work with those as a graphic designer.

but on 10.13 ?
On 10.12 i had iGPU disabled and everything was fine only on GTX660.
Problems for me are in 10.13 with HD4600+GTX660 - will check on September 25th after final version.

but on 10.13 ?
On 10.12 i had iGPU disabled and everything was fine only on GTX660.
Problems for me are in 10.13 with HD4600+GTX660 - will check on September 25th after final version.
Yeah 10.13 Only. In 10.12 it was perfect, so perfect that the Nvidia Web Driver doesn't work well with my hack (The GPU frequency doesn't go up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back