Contribute
Register

No "use apple watch to unlock mac" option

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you mind to share the modified kext? I am using DW1560。。。
I see this change was committed to the AirportBrcmFixup repository. You can compile the latest code on GitHub to use AirPortBrcmNIC.kext instead of AirportBrcm4360.kext. Hope it'll work better on your machine... (I have 1st Gen Apple Watch, so can't update to watchOS 5. Might be different with the latest OS, on a newer Watch)

With my card from OSX wifi it works so reliably it unlocks my computer when I lay on the sofa that is on the other side of the wall.
Yes, I played a little bit with the settings and now it works very reliable. I don't know why, but automatic user login was set to my user, I disabled this and unchecked Unlock with Apple Watch, rebooted, Checked the setting again and now it works much better than with high sierra.

would you mind to share the modified kext? I am using DW1560。。。
I use the latest release version of AirportBrcmFixup without the new options, but I don't need them with my DW1560. Do you have inserted the "compatible" Property using clover or DSDT?

If yes (or no) check using IOJones if the properties are there. Here are mine using a DSDT, but clover works the same:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 11.35.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-14 um 11.35.47.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 164
I use the latest release version of AirportBrcmFixup without the new options, but I don't need them with my DW1560. Do you have inserted the "compatible" Property using clover or DSDT?

If yes (or no) check using IOJones if the properties are there. Here are mine using a DSDT, but clover works the same:

So you are using the latest release version 1.1.6, not the latest commit and compiled? What are the new options you have mentioned that you don't use, and how are they configured? Lastly, could you explain further the "compatible property" you mentioned in Clover?

Thanks!

I am unable to get this to work. Attached is my IOJones screenshot, which shows differently than yours. Could you offer some tips to get my Apple Watch to unlock my Hackintosh? Thanks much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 10.03.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 10.03.17 AM.png
    608.7 KB · Views: 127
Flying in to contribute my 2cents!

I have the broadcom 94352 HMB in my laptop and I had the same issues. with macOS sierra 10.12 I had the option to enable Auto-Unlock with Apple Watch but it never worked. in mojave, many things were fixed and airdrop/handoff/imessage/etc work for me now, but Instant Hotspot still doesn't work and Auto-Unlock appears to be no longer supported in System Information > Wifi. The latter may be because I moved from the old Airport fakepciied method etc. to AirportBrcmFixup, which may more accurately reflect the true capabilities of the card.

From what i've read elsewhere, it seems that some special firmware opcode(?) is required for the unlock to work, and since the 94352 isn't native, it's firmware doesn't support this, whereas the 94360 does. what's the status of the NIC release though? does it actually work? the responses above are confusing. idk if they're using the native or the HMB

After update latest AirportBrcmFixup, and rename Rename PXSX to ARPT. The apple watch option showed up!

since it does not work. I will try to inject compatible later.

upload_2018-12-25_18-41-33.png

After update latest AirportBrcmFixup, and rename Rename PXSX to ARPT. The apple watch option showed up!

View attachment 374910

I have done the same as you (latest kext, rename PXSX to ARPT), but I don't understand or know what inject compatible is. Could you help explain this and how to go about this injection? Thank you.

View attachment 374910

I upgraded the kext and the option also appeared. But it seems it does not work at all...

Any news after injecting compatibility? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back