Nvidia GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  1. Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem:
Hi, I am experiencing strange problems now. I am using BT/WiFi model Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF Dual Band 802.11ac 867M Wifi BT 4.0 Lenovo FRU 04X6020. Everything seems to be OK (continuity/handoff/airdrop/connect phone's network) except for two strange things: I cannot connect my phone's hotspot directly from the WiFi options (I can do that by go to the bluetooth preferences -> right click the phone to connect).

Ldtlali.png

What it said

zM2AMor.png

Moreover, I cannot see "enable apple watch to unlock mac" option in the system preferences.
I think these two things are kind of... interconnected and relevant. But I cannot locate where is the problem.

Thanks for your help!

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

I am on Mojave 10.14 (18A391). Motherboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX Motherboard. Processor is i7 8700 with internal graphics card uhd 630.

3. Procedure/Guide used

I am mainly following the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-mini-itx-ac-intel-uhd-630-16gb-ram.244657/.

4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (III. Tools 2.)

In the zip file.
  1. Screenshots
    • DPCIManager/Status (III. Tools 3.)
ydS7QQO.png

• System Information/Hardware/Network/WiFi
Software Versions:

CoreWLAN: 13.0 (1370.8)

CoreWLANKit: 13.0 (1370.8)

Menu Extra: 13.0 (1375.14)

System Information: 12.0 (1300.2)

IO80211 Family: 12.0 (1200.12.2)

Diagnostics: 1.0 (805)

AirPort Utility: 6.3.9 (639.6)

Interfaces:

en1:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x623)

Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.190.32 AirPortDriverBrcm4360-1302)

MAC Address: 48:e2:44:e2:22:41

Locale: FCC

Country Code: US

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165

Wake On Wireless: Supported

AirDrop: Supported

AirDrop Channel: 149

Current Network Information:
  • System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 6.0.8f6

Hardware, Features, and Settings:

Name: wbx’s iMac

Address: 48-E2-44-E2-22-42

Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes

Handoff Supported: Yes

Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Transport: USB

Chipset: 20702A3

Firmware Version: v14 c5747

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: Yes

Auto Seek Pointing: On

Remote wake: On

Vendor ID: 0x0489

Product ID: 0xE07A

HCI Version: 4.0 (0x6)

HCI Revision: 0x1673

LMP Version: 4.0 (0x6)

LMP Subversion: 0x220E

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop

Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104

Device Class (Major): 0x01

Device Class (Minor): 0x01

Service Class: 0x1C0

Auto Seek Keyboard: On
  • System Information/Hardware/USB (Select Bluetooth device)
BCM20702A0:

Product ID: 0xe07a

Vendor ID: 0x0489 (Foxconn / Hon Hai)

Version: 1.12

Serial Number: 48E244E22242

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

Location ID: 0x14900000 / 3

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Built-In: Yes
  1. Clover (if installed)
    • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
In the zip file.
  • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
In the zip file.

Attachments

• qweer28.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 85
I guess it's mostly because your Wi-Fi card does not support unlock by AppleWatch function.
You may go to System Information.app to see if your Wi-Fi card is supported.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206995 see this link for more information.
At the bottom of that page, there's a picture saying "Auto Unlock: Supported".

Most of these functions, such as HandOff, InstantHotSpot, they rely on Bluetooth to discover and negotiate with each other, and then transfer data through some kind of technology similar to Wi-Fi Direct, which is commonly supported by Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy and 802.11ac Wi-Fi chips.
However, "Auto Unlock" seems to have dependency on some special feature of Wi-Fi chip.

Last edited:
It will not work. You need native card from MacBook Air to get all futures. Check my build for more info.

I guess it's mostly because your Wi-Fi card does not support unlock by AppleWatch function.
You may go to System Information.app to see if your Wi-Fi card is supported.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206995 see this link for more information.
At the bottom of that page, there's a picture saying "Auto Unlock: Supported".

Most of these functions, such as HandOff, InstantHotSpot, they rely on Bluetooth to discover and negotiate with each other, and then transfer data through some kind of technology similar to Wi-Fi Direct, which is commonly supported by Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy and 802.11ac Wi-Fi chips.
However, "Auto Unlock" seems to have dependency on some special feature of Wi-Fi chip.

Thanks. I searched for the item and find it says nothing about "Auto Unlock"...

Code:
  Wake On Wireless:    Supported
  AirDrop:    Supported
  AirDrop Channel:    149

I am afraid the card just does not support the feature.

It will not work. You need native card from MacBook Air to get all futures. Check my build for more info.

Thanks for the info. I will try BCM94360CS2 later! I will let you know if it works.

I modified AirportBrcmFixup.kext to make AirPortBrcmNIC.kext to attach to my device instead of AirPortBrcm4360.kext.

It made the Apple Watch Unlock option to appear, but it doesn't seem to work well here. I only get it to work after I enable this option. Rebooting the laptop, and it won't work anymore (will try to unlock, but fail after a couple of seconds...)

Have the same option with Instant Hotspot, but I didn't understand what you've said about Bluetooth preferences. I can have it working by manually enabling hotspot on my iPhone and connecting via WiFi menu bar item/preferences.

Using DW1560 here (BCM94352Z).

As suggested, I'll too recommend using an Apple branded card for best compatibility. Other cards are known to be problematic.
Would've done it myself, but I don't have enough space for the card + adapter in my laptop...

I modified AirportBrcmFixup.kext to make AirPortBrcmNIC.kext to attach to my device instead of AirPortBrcm4360.kext.

It made the Apple Watch Unlock option to appear, but it doesn't seem to work well here. I only get it to work after I enable this option. Rebooting the laptop, and it won't work anymore (will try to unlock, but fail after a couple of seconds...)

Have the same option with Instant Hotspot, but I didn't understand what you've said about Bluetooth preferences. I can have it working by manually enabling hotspot on my iPhone and connecting via WiFi menu bar item/preferences.

Using DW1560 here (BCM94352Z).

As suggested, I'll too recommend using an Apple branded card for best compatibility. Other cards are known to be problematic.
Would've done it myself, but I don't have enough space for the card + adapter in my laptop...

Thanks for the information! I will change to 94360CS2 and see if it will work.

The issue is that Instant Hotspot does not work. But the weird thing is that both I can use the hopspot by bluetooth and by WiFi after I manually enabling hotspot, though far less elegant.

MIEHegI.png

This will work by click on the iPhone.

I don't have enough space for the card + adapter in my laptop...
Maybe u can reference here. It probably fit your laptop.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information! I will change to 94360CS2 and see if it will work.

The issue is that Instant Hotspot does not work. But the weird thing is that both I can use the hopspot by bluetooth and by WiFi after I manually enabling hotspot, though far less elegant.

MIEHegI.png

This will work by click on the iPhone.

Maybe u can reference here. It probably fit your laptop.
Oh, well I have the same issue with Instant Hotspot.

I'll try to get some measurements for the available space here, and check the adapter size.
I'll probably have to route another antenna in the screen bezels, currently only using one (really ASUS?). Second antenna connector isn't attached to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back