Zotac Zone GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone

i have finally managed to complete the upgrade from Yosemite to El Cap, after several issues, only to find that I can't get beyond the login screen as none of the USB ports work? Hence no keyboard or mouse

Any advise would be great, or anyone fixed this on the same board?

Cheers in advance

Hi Everyone

i have finally managed to complete the upgrade from Yosemite to El Cap, after several issues, only to find that I can't get beyond the login screen as none of the USB ports work? Hence no keyboard or mouse

Any advise would be great, or anyone fixed this on the same board?

Cheers in advance

Hi narlyboy

Same issues here on Asus P9X79 Pro (only USB 2.0 on the back panel are working).

Waiting for a fix :)

Have same problem after El Capitan only USB3 works two on from and two at the back. Went through all guides on this forum nothing helps. I know as for now there is only solution for Intel based chipsets and I have my ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller and Intel® X79 chipset : [FONT=Segoe UI, 微軟正黑體, Microsoft JhengHei, Arial, 新細明體]14 x USB 2.0 port(s) (8 at back panel, black, 6 at mid-board) I was hoping to fix all USB2 but no luck. If anybody will make it work on asus p9x79 please let me know.
Good luck to us!
[/FONT]

Same problem here with P9X79 Pro and EI Capitan. Only one USB3 port on front panel works, and very randomly (10% of time...). I tried latest RehabMan kext, with no success.

Thanks for all the gerat work. I managed to get the installer working from USB by copying the config.plist and the DSDT file to the EFI-Partition of the USB Installer. The installation worked like a charm. I am still missing Sound :(. Any Ideas?

my Location for the config.plist: /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (rename the old one, just incase ...)
my Location for the DSDT: /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

mounting the EFI-Partition, replace XX by your diskNo usually "0":
mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskXXs1 /Volumes/efi

Cleofide, please, can you explain how did you solve the USB3 ports? I have the same mainboard, I used the same DSDT, but only USB2 ports work for me :(
I am on 10.11.5 right now...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GUIDE above, you helped me a lot !!! (I am not an expert at all)

Thanks for all the gerat work. I managed to get the installer working from USB by copying the config.plist and the DSDT file to the EFI-Partition of the USB Installer. The installation worked like a charm. I am still missing Sound :(. Any Ideas?

my Location for the config.plist: /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (rename the old one, just incase ...)
my Location for the DSDT: /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

mounting the EFI-Partition, replace XX by your diskNo usually "0":
mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskXXs1 /Volumes/efi
Take a look on my thread about my installation on P9X79 and audio. It would help you maybe...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-elcapitan-asus-p9x79-xeon-2670.201259/

on my p9x79 LE the USB didn't work fully until I adjusted the bios:
Legacy USB - Auto, which is pretty much Disable
Legacy USB 3.0 - Disable
USB set to Full Initialization on boot
This worked with standard Multibeast 7.5 usb 3.0 driver for yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back