Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Mavericks was getting a bit long in the tooth, and I finally got the courage up to attempt a fresh El Cap install on my little beasty after re-visiting this tremendous resource/community here at Tonymac. Man, you people are amazing! Thanks so much for all you do for helpless noobs such as myself.

So far, reading the guides here, I beat down a host of obstacles that popped up trying to boot into the installer:
- ACPI sleep states hang
- Apple USB Legacy Root hang
- System Model Name hang
- DSMOS Has Arrived hang (turned out I just needed to wait)
- Bluetooth Family hang
- No HPETS available hang
- many more that I didn't struggle with long enough to write down.

...Only 4 days of staring at meaningless text whizzing-by, and a mild case of carpal-tunnel from typing the same boot flags over and over, and a slight lean from reaching over and hitting the reset button about 2000 times, but FUN, right? Right? Actually kinda, yeah.

But now I'm up against a mole I just can't seem to whack: No USB when I get to the "Welcome" install screen.
- I've monkeyed with the bios settings, (EXCI/EHCI, USB Legacy)
- I've installed FakePCIID, GenericUSBHXCI, USBInjectall.
- Played with some of the Clover settings (USBfix, I think it is? I don't have the screen up right now)
- Read and re-read whatever I can lay my hands on. (not that I understand much)

Booting with flags: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 (I can type them as fast as my regular password now)

Enabling either of the onboard USB 3.0 controllers results in a stream of AppleUSBHost Controller and AppleUSBxhci error messages and eventual hang.

Has anybody with this particular Mobo had luck with El Cap? My Mavericks was flawless. Hoping I can get 'er back.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back