Contribute
Register

No USB 3 or AMD / ATI Radeon, HP Elitebook laptop, 8560p (6470M HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SuperMicro X9Dai
CPU
E5 2650 (x2)
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have Sierra on a 12.3 on a HP elitebook 8560p with the Radeon ony video card. Can anyone give me the steps I need to get the GPU working? I do not see any kexts for the card, that is a 6470M HD with 1024mb v ram that is not recognized by Sierra.

If I need to tell Clover how to work, I can assign settings in the boot screen or both in whatever text file (in EFI or Extra I presume??). If there is a generic or modified kext or even an app that would be great. I tried the app off this site but did not have success. But I am willing to try another approach.

I also tried the ProBook Installer app with specific selections on model, but again, I could be doing something wrong as well.

I am also have USB 3.0 issues as well, but it sees the USB 2.0. I wish before I bought the laptop, with OS X in mind I would have gone to this forum, as there are several other forums out there advising headaches like mine.

I was able to get mavericks GPU support & USB working but that has not worked with Sierra. (could be operator error).

Thanks for your help, Nick Teti / Mister Photon

I have Sierra on a 12.3 on a HP elitebook 8560p with the Radeon ony video card. Can anyone give me the steps I need to get the GPU working? I do not see any kexts for the card, that is a 6470M HD with 1024mb v ram that is not recognized by Sierra.

If I need to tell Clover how to work, I can assign settings in the boot screen or both in whatever text file (in EFI or Extra I presume??). If there is a generic or modified kext or even an app that would be great. I tried the app off this site but did not have success. But I am willing to try another approach.

I also tried the ProBook Installer app with specific selections on model, but again, I could be doing something wrong as well.

I am also have USB 3.0 issues as well, but it sees the USB 2.0. I wish before I bought the laptop, with OS X in mind I would have gone to this forum, as there are several other forums out there advising headaches like mine.

I was able to get mavericks GPU support & USB working but that has not worked with Sierra. (could be operator error).

Thanks for your help, Nick Teti / Mister Photon

AMD Radeon/ATI graphics card info:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/174-ati/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

You might also look at the old PBI-CE source, to see what it used to do with config.plist for your model (if it had support for it).
But beware that AMD graphics suffer from problems with wake from sleep since El Capitan.

Here is more information regarding the video card issue with Sierra on my HP laptop..

Has anyone come up for a black screen fix for a Radeon HD 6460m video card in Sierra when booting in Clover? The system profiler sees this video card as 3 MB, with no gpu acceleration when I boot without vbios, EDID and inject ATI enabled in Clover.

But When I enable vbios, EDID and inject ATI in Clover boot screen I have the black screen. The Sierra OS also sees the video card as a Radeon HD 6760M, but I am not sure if this is making the difference in Sierra.

I can use the same video card with everything enabled in Mavericks, and Mavericks partition sees the card as a Radeon HD 6470M card (laptop). Contact the forum please and comment if you have a solution. I have it working in Mavericks, but have tried the same settings on a separate partition with Sierra, as well tied differing Clover bootloaders with no luck in Sierra. I can provide a IO registry file or config.plist for the forums review as well.

Thank You, Nick Teti

Here is more information regarding the video card issue with Sierra on my HP laptop..

Has anyone come up for a black screen fix for a Radeon HD 6460m video card in Sierra when booting in Clover? The system profiler sees this video card as 3 MB, with no gpu acceleration when I boot without vbios, EDID and inject ATI enabled in Clover.

But When I enable vbios, EDID and inject ATI in Clover boot screen I have the black screen. The Sierra OS also sees the video card as a Radeon HD 6760M, but I am not sure if this is making the difference in Sierra.

I can use the same video card with everything enabled in Mavericks, and Mavericks partition sees the card as a Radeon HD 6470M card (laptop). Contact the forum please and comment if you have a solution. I have it working in Mavericks, but have tried the same settings on a separate partition with Sierra, as well tied differing Clover bootloaders with no luck in Sierra. I can provide a IO registry file or config.plist for the forums review as well.

Thank You, Nick Teti

You might get better suggestions if you attach the files showing what you're doing...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You might get better suggestions if you attach the files showing what you're doing...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here are some screen shots regarding the ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6470m video card not working. Can anyone give me advice to enable this GPU in Sierra. The video card works in Mavericks, but I forgot how I enabled it to work. There are screen shoots of the clover menu options for graphics. I have also uploaded my config.plist as well for anyone to see if anything does not work. I have the config.plist loaded from the HDD and the EFI folder.

Attachments

• about clover.jpg
    about clover.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 137
  • graphics injection clover.jpg
    graphics injection clover.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 195
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 11.38.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 11.38.08 AM.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 148
  • config.plist
    2.1 KB · Views: 206
Here are some screen shots regarding the ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6470m video card not working. Can anyone give me advice to enable this GPU in Sierra. The video card works in Mavericks, but I forgot how I enabled it to work. There are screen shoots of the clover menu options for graphics. I have also uploaded my config.plist as well for anyone to see if anything does not work. I have the config.plist loaded from the HDD and the EFI folder.

Not complete...
Maybe you should read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again...

Not complete...
Not complete...

Hello Rehab Man, can you tell me what other information that I need to post in this topic for the forum? Nick / Mister Photon

Hello Rehab Man, can you tell me what other information that I need to post in this topic for the forum? Nick / Mister Photon

All data required for problem reports is requested in "Problem Reporting" in the FAQ.
Read it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back