i7-6700K
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the official installation guide and got El Capitan installed, dual booting with Windows 8.1.
It was a little bumpy but now almost everything is working except USB 3.0. I want to make sure it's working before purchasing an internal USB 3.0 card reader.

In System Information, I only see USB2 bus and USB bus. USB3 is enabled in BIOS. I'm under the impression that the motherboard (Asus P6X58D-E) uses Intel ICH10R controller, which should be supported natively. Is that correct? Do I need to do anything to the DSDT or installing extra kext to make it work? Thanks.

I followed the official installation guide and got El Capitan installed, dual booting with Windows 8.1.
It was a little bumpy but now almost everything is working except USB 3.0. I want to make sure it's working before purchasing an internal USB 3.0 card reader.

In System Information, I only see USB2 bus and USB bus. USB3 is enabled in BIOS. I'm under the impression that the motherboard (Asus P6X58D-E) uses Intel ICH10R controller, which should be supported natively. Is that correct? Do I need to do anything to the DSDT or installing extra kext to make it work? Thanks.

The board uses Intel ICH10R for USB 2.0 and the NEC USB 3.0 controller

Huh, I see. Thanks. I suppose I need a kext for the controller?

You are welcome. I will follow your lead and work on my Asus P6X58D-E build with El Capitan tonight. Question did you use your nVidia Quadro FX580 during install? I have only complete builds with onboard video then adding graphics card. Hopefully I can get my r9 270 to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back