Contribute
Register

No USB 3.0 after wake from sleep on ga-z77x-up5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here. All USB ports eject (usb 2 and 3). I know everyone likes to claim that the Z77 UEFI boards don't need DSDTs but sleep is always one thing that requires DSDT edits. Over the next few weeks i'm going to start to build a minimal DSDT for this board that fixes the sleep issue.

Please let us know if you create a DSDT edit for this board and it works. I would love to have it if you get it working.

Please let us know if you create a DSDT edit for this board and it works. I would love to have it if you get it working.
I'll add a ditto to that... I'm sure plenty of users would like it.

I'll add a ditto to that... I'm sure plenty of users would like it.

Since Gigabyte is quickly releasing updated BIOS, i'm holding off until they settle down. F10 should be released shortly and then i'll probably start to create the DSDT. Once i have something working i'll post it.

Hi All,

Just build my first hackintosh. Just followed tonymacs recommendations from the buyers guide, so ga-z77x-up5 TH, 3770K, 16GB memory etc.

It actually wasn't all that difficult getting the system to run, but indeed after wakeup from sleep, all my drives have been disconnected. And also after wake from sleep, i see firewire errors in the console: "kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!"

Since not all people seem to have problems waking from sleep, couldn't it just be a bios setting that is different? Perhaps we can figure it out.

Kind regards, and thanks to all the people on this site and forum for making this possible.

Hi All,

Just build my first hackintosh. Just followed tonymacs recommendations from the buyers guide, so ga-z77x-up5 TH, 3770K, 16GB memory etc.

It actually wasn't all that difficult getting the system to run, but indeed after wakeup from sleep, all my drives have been disconnected. And also after wake from sleep, i see firewire errors in the console: "kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!"

Since not all people seem to have problems waking from sleep, couldn't it just be a bios setting that is different? Perhaps we can figure it out.

Kind regards, and thanks to all the people on this site and forum for making this possible.

To fix the "kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!" error, disable firewire (1394) on your motherboard in BIOS.

To fix the "kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!" error, disable firewire (1394) on your motherboard in BIOS.

Thanks. I know that, but the thing is, the errors only show up after wake from sleep. So apparently the firewire port, just like the usb ports, doesn't come back after sleep. I have tried several things in the bios, but every time everything gets disconnected after sleep.

I just changed some settings in the bios to test the sleep issue. No luck, still 'drive was disconnected'. But even more strange: The USB3 ports changed to USB2 ports! Really: After wake from sleep they showed up as "high speed ports" instead of "super speed ports" in System Profiler. Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back