Contribute
Register

No Updates. All your apps are up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Mamimus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been getting that message for over 30 days now, when I check for updates on the App Store. It is obviously wrong, but I don't seem to be able to make it go away and get my updates back. Any suggestions?

I did update to Catalina at about the same time it started, but I'm not positive about the dates.

I've been getting that message for over 30 days now, when I check for updates on the App Store. It is obviously wrong, but I don't seem to be able to make it go away and get my updates back. Any suggestions?

I did update to Catalina at about the same time it started, but I'm not positive about the dates.

Hi there. I can't say for sure but I had similar a while back ...

What version of iTunes are you running?

:)

Not sure that iTunes has anything to do with Macintosh apps. I go to Apple Menu/App Store to check for app updates. Further, there is no iTunes in Catalina, that's not likely to be the issue. Appreciate the response, tho! :)

Good point ... However pre-Catalina, yes iTunes is linked though I have to admit the Catalina break-up of the monolith may not be relevant in your case.

The reason I mentioned it (and missed your mention of Catalina) is because this happened to me and it turned out that because the App Store login would not work, I was getting no updates. By updating iTunes the underlying secure log-in code gets updated too and the App Store began working again (think about it, you can't download the App Store app).

However, I was on the wrong track for you. Apologies. :)

Open Terminal and type :
Code:
man softwareupdate

This will give you the details of how you may use the softwareupdate command in Terminal to check for and install updates.

My thanks to both Mods. I suspect something close to UtterDisbelief's comment re log-in is it, although I've logged in and out and rebooted. Normally, when I click on "updates" in the App Store app, I get a list of recent update, at the very least. What I'm getting now is in the attached screenshot.

Pilgram, thanks for the man reminder. I tried softwareupdate --list and got... (wait for it)... "No new software available."

OK: I -suppose- it's possible that there have been no updates in the past 6 weeks, but highly unlikely. (Yes: automatic updates is turned off...)

Well: I'll let you know if I figure it out. (over 40 years with Apple-brand computers and the longer I do this, the more I'm convinced computers really are magic... ;-)

No change, but here's what I've tried: replace my entire keychain; deleted all app-store caches and plists; replaced those with the ones from my MacBook Pro (which does show updates); cleared system-wide caches and user caches with TinkerTool System. Updated to 10.15.4 using combo updater. Verified that my drivers and kexts match other working systems.

I'm totally stumped.

EDIT: at this point, I've concluded it's something in my config.plist. I have another Mac on the same network, and it finds updates. I have Mojave in a Parallels virtual machine, and it will NOT find the updates either. I've killed the firewall on this machine.

The only thing I can conclude is that my config.plist is messed up. I'll go hunt up someone who might have a working config and compare it to mine.

Suggestions and/or volunteers are welcome.

Last edited:
I have the same problem :) I've tried a lot of the same fixes, it's very annoying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back