Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installed Security update 2017-001 today, and now my graphics is "back to basics" with OS X default drivers. The NVIDIA driver manager says "no update available".
Installed version is 346.03.15f06 and it says (not compatible)

Am I missing something, or do I just have to wait for a new driver to appear :)?

Am I missing something, or do I just have to wait for a new driver to appear :)?

This is 'normal' behaviour.
Web drivers are linked to build numbers.
When you install an update that changes the build number the web drivers become invalid.
Nvidia usually update them fairly quickly though.
Best practice is not to install updates until the new web drivers are available.

Installed Security update 2017-001 today, and now my graphics is "back to basics" with OS X default drivers. The NVIDIA driver manager says "no update available".
Installed version is 346.03.15f06 and it says (not compatible)

Which is the new build number? You can check it by clicking OS version in "About this Mac". Usually NVIDIA releases the updated driver one or two days after the security update was released. Meanwhile there's a chance you could install a beta driver instead, but I couldn't find the link for it.

Which is the new build number? You can check it by clicking OS version in "About this Mac". Usually NVIDIA releases the updated driver one or two days after the security update was released. Meanwhile there's a chance you could install a beta driver instead, but I couldn't find the link for it.

15G1421

Any chance to get a link to a driver? At least macvidcards.com does not have one yet.
If new web drivers are available you should be able to update using the Nvidia preference pane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back