CPU
Xeon E3-1245v2
Graphics
Asus GeForce GT 640
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
If new web drivers are available you should be able to update using the Nvidia preference pane.
It sounds like a plunge to me. I haven't done the security update yet, so the control panel shows no updates. Once I do the security update, I must hope that the control panel will show that something is available. To avoid any surprises at this point, I've always liked to download the driver manually and only then apply the security update.

Maybe later today I'll decide what to do.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It sounds like a plunge to me. I haven't done the security update yet, so the control panel shows no updates. Once I do the security update, I must hope that the control panel will show that something is available. To avoid any surprises at this point, I've always liked to download the driver manually and only then apply the security update.

Maybe later today I'll decide what to do.
My advice would be to ascertain the build number that the security update creates and then wait for the corresponding web drivers link to appear on macvidcards.com. Then you can go ahead with both.

Motherboard
asus z170m-plus
CPU
Graphics
gtx 970
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
dunno if it's just me or this is a normal behaviour, but the nvidia driver update shows no update available.
i'm on f06 version atm, and i've not istalled yet the security update....

Attachments

Last edited:

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
dunno if it's just me or this is a normal behaviour, but the nvidia driver update shows no update available.
i'm on f06 version atm, and i've not istalled yet the security update....
It won't show an update till you update the OS.